Steeda tunes anyone?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
So, honestly I’d like to know, did Steeda do its own custom tune or is it same as sct canned tune?
Gave them my mod info, gears tire size catbacks etc..they custom tune it in-house! Then mail it to you where you have to load it onto the device.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they are custom written to each customer's set-up.

TJ

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

TJ
OK....OK.... had my CAI and tune for a while.... I Installed today with some mods... got rid of my MRC hose location and moved it!! Used the sound delete for the oil from the coil cover hose....looks a lot cleaner and allowed the use of the 2014 engine cover!!

Thanx to Matt for the tune and thanx to all you guys for your support!!
IMG_0232.JPG

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Last edited:

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
CRAP !!!

I just re-read Matt’s tuning instructions... I’ve had everything since June 8th..2016 !!!!!!!! Up and running today!! A bit of uncertainty and the warranty thingy!! But now it’s done! ...also notice, no kinks in my rubber install!!! lol

THANX. STEEDA !!!!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Yes, life time tunes!! CAI and tune installed today! Went a lot easier than i expected!! Just finished up so I'll take it for a burn tomorrow ! My Stang is a 2015.... just fitted the engine cover from the 2010-2014 Mustangs! Our engine bays suck!!
How long have you been married for?

Just kidding with ya...Tuner puns :doh: I'm terrible, I know.

By the way, when you load the tune into your car, the SCT device will ask you your rear end gears, tire revs(basically, making your speedo accurate), rev limit in neutral, rev limit in drive, etc.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can anyone comment on how the steeda tune compares performance wise against VMP, AED and lund?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
My Completed Install !!

TJ
Matt. Well I must say I’m very impressed!! 1st off, I am a car guy but not a computer geek to that extent! I put it off TIL I felt I had no Ford warranty issues and my car has 18,000 miles!...I followed the install video exactly ( with the exception I had zero kinks I’m my rubber seal as does your video! ) anal car guy thing!!

I drove it for a couple of days before saying anything!! HOLY CRAP!!! the guys installing theirs some said...”my car woke up”.....well that’s exactly what it did. You can feel the change, the power all the subtle nuances a tune would create! An example... my RPM’s seem to stay higher during my shifts when I depress the clutch and shift gears...it’s just a little getting used to like driving a new car for the first time....shifting gets smoother after you get used to it!! It’s a rocket at dead stop launch and the additional torque down low is noticeable !! I should have installed this unit sooner!! Stoked to say the least!! And ....the cone filter is now offered in RED !!! Yaaaaaay! ....so I ordered one (the blue will be my backup!

I’d also like to express my absolute gratitude to you and the Steeda team. Your customer service and questions response is excellent Your products are 1st class all the way!

As an aside...... the only thing is... a warning saying “engine on”came on...more on and off the first day..I just pushed the ok button and it stopped! I’m guessing it a computer learning thing?? Drove it for over an hour last night and....nada...nothing?? Weird huh..

:cheers::cheers::cheers: Ric Robinson Surrey BC Canada

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

TJ
TJ,

Can you maybe answer my question about how the Steeda tunes stack up performance wise against AED. VMP, and Lund?

Does Steeda data log after tuning?

I hoping to decide so i can get one order.

Thanks!

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
TJ,

Can you maybe answer my question about how the Steeda tunes stack up performance wise against AED. VMP, and Lund?

Does Steeda data log after tuning?

I hoping to decide so i can get one order.

Thanks!
To answer the first question - our tunes are a little more conservative & that is by design - we don't claim to offer the most HP, just a safe, reliable & powerful tune ... which, for many of our customers, is exactly what they are looking for.

Yes, we can data log if necessary ... we usually only data log if something is just a tad bit off from the tune.

Hope that helps!

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Matt. Well I must say I’m very impressed!! 1st off, I am a car guy but not a computer geek to that extent! I put it off TIL I felt I had no Ford warranty issues and my car has 18,000 miles!...I followed the install video exactly ( with the exception I had zero kinks I’m my rubber seal as does your video! ) anal car guy thing!!

I drove it for a couple of days before saying anything!! HOLY CRAP!!! the guys installing theirs some said...”my car woke up”.....well that’s exactly what it did. You can feel the change, the power all the subtle nuances a tune would create! An example... my RPM’s seem to stay higher during my shifts when I depress the clutch and shift gears...it’s just a little getting used to like driving a new car for the first time....shifting gets smoother after you get used to it!! It’s a rocket at dead stop launch and the additional torque down low is noticeable !! I should have installed this unit sooner!! Stoked to say the least!! And ....the cone filter is now offered in RED !!! Yaaaaaay! ....so I ordered one (the blue will be my backup!

I’d also like to express my absolute gratitude to you and the Steeda team. Your customer service and questions response is excellent Your products are 1st class all the way!

As an aside...... the only thing is... a warning saying “engine on”came on...more on and off the first day..I just pushed the ok button and it stopped! I’m guessing it a computer learning thing?? Drove it for over an hour last night and....nada...nothing?? Weird huh..

:cheers::cheers::cheers: Ric Robinson Surrey BC Canada
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Any update on a tune for the 18s yet? Patiently waiting here in Texas.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly believe the temperature outside and the mood my car is in makes more difference than Steeda vs Lund. It’s weird, but sometimes my car feels slow but other times it throws you back and feels like a rocket.
Steeda’s Tune made a big difference in my car and is definitely worth it.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To answer the first question - our tunes are a little more conservative & that is by design - we don't claim to offer the most HP, just a safe, reliable & powerful tune ... which, for many of our customers, is exactly what they are looking for.

Yes, we can data log if necessary ... we usually only data log if something is just a tad bit off from the tune.

Hope that helps!

TJ
Thank you for the reply TJ!
Sponsored