Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to buy SCT BDX tuner. If I get it from Steeda does it come with canned tunes from Steeda or the original SCT ones + steeda?

Which tunes are recommended for 2015 GT 5.0 Auto, daily driver
The tunes are written to your specific setup ... they are written specifically for each customer and their mods.

You will work with Matt on our team to write your tunes.

Happy to help with an order.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Our tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful ... without the possibility of precipitating damage to the car.

Let me know if I can put you in contact with our tuning dept. to discuss your tuning needs.

Best Regards,

TJ
So.....I have your CAI and tune to install. Been holding off for a year and a half!! ...anyway I got the tune from Matt...and he said just download it on the hand held!! I hooked up everything...the download went......zip, done very Quickly?? Is this normal?? When I download anything it always takes some time....this was less than a minute?? Thanx. Will be going ahead next week!! :cheers::cheers:

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've not read a lot about mail order tunes on the s550. On the s197 even the 87 octane tune I had made a big difference. Hard to describe but I think it had a lot to do with the drive by wire. The engine seemed to rev better and gave more control when shifting. Is it a similar experience on the s550?

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you will see just as good improvements on the S550 as previous generations.

There is a nice review from a member in Chicago that has seen nice improvements throughout.

Let me know if I can help put you in contact with our tuning dept.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So.....I have your CAI and tune to install. Been holding off for a year and a half!! ...anyway I got the tune from Matt...and he said just download it on the hand held!! I hooked up everything...the download went......zip, done very Quickly?? Is this normal?? When I download anything it always takes some time....this was less than a minute?? Thanx. Will be going ahead next week!! :cheers::cheers:
Yes, it should be a pretty short process - did you follow the on-screen prompts of the SCT device?

If you have concerns, call Matt tomorrow & ensure everything was done properly.

Best Regards,

TJ

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'll be looking at it more after the warranty starts getting closer to being done. I'm guessing that dealerships would give you some grief if there were any issues and the car had been loaded with a tune. Am I understanding that with the Steeda tune you will provide free updates after other mods like headers for instance? Even if the mod is not purchased from Steeda?

Yes, you will see just as good improvements on the S550 as previous generations.

There is a nice review from a member in Chicago that has seen nice improvements throughout.

Let me know if I can help put you in contact with our tuning dept.

Best Regards,

TJ

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

If using the SCT X4 device, the tune should take around 3-4 minutes to load in.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
If using the SCT X4 device, the tune should take around 3-4 minutes to load in.
Thanx...you mean to load into the car right?? I was referring to my email download onto the device...it just went..zip...done!, checked last nite and yes, they are on the device..so, tomorrow it Is!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Appreciate the help.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Thanx...you mean to load into the car right?? I was referring to my email download onto the device...it just went..zip...done!, checked last nite and yes, they are on the device..so, tomorrow it Is!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Appreciate the help.
Whoops lol. Yeah, it takes just a few minutes to load the tune into your car. Downloading the tune file to your device via your pc goes by real quick. 10-20 seconds at most?

kratch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm also interested in a tune, and tried contacting VMP but couldn't get past their sales guy - and have heard good things about Steeda tunes.

1. Is it possible to have the gear indicator displayed all the time for AT?
2. Can the auxiliary gauges output be enabled in case I want to add PP gauges later for a plug and play installation?
3. Auto shift points - okish in normal, too high in sport, can they be more load sensitive than seemingly RPM based (also a bit faster)?
4. F150 intake manifold - tuning experience and results?

OP
OP
Fleco17

Fleco17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josr
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt

Curious on how it turned out. Considering getting the tune and CAI kit. Was told that it includes lifetime tunes, is that what you were told also?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Curious on how it turned out. Considering getting the tune and CAI kit. Was told that it includes lifetime tunes, is that what you were told also?

Yes, life time tunes!! CAI and tune installed today! Went a lot easier than i expected!! Just finished up so I'll take it for a burn tomorrow ! My Stang is a 2015.... just fitted the engine cover from the 2010-2014 Mustangs! Our engine bays suck!!
image1(1).jpeg
image2(1).jpeg

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So, honestly I’d like to know, did Steeda do its own custom tune or is it same as sct canned tune?
Sponsored