Steeda subframe connectors vs bmr cradle lockout

Rockgt302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled
Can they both be done or is it unnecessary? Leaning toward the sub frames.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They are incompatible with each other.

The lockout kit does more than just the braces do. Braces by themselves are a minimal upgrade. Removing the subframe deflection at the bushings is where the big results come from. You'd need to add the subframe support system at a minimum to be comparing apples to apples.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Here is a flash back from the past. Great video on how the braces limit IRS subframe movement. As you can see, it is a must do! Steeda Tech

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to help get you into a Steeda set - we have favorable forum pricing & they do the job very well!

TJ

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
what's it costing and install video? also what is the part called? thanks as new to the mustang, also sorry not trying to highjack your thread. trying to learn what's gonna help performance wise.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
OP: I can’t speak for the lockout kit, but I’ve had the IRS braces for over a year now and they are a good value.

Simple install, excellent quality, good price point. Performance wise they connected the car’s front and rear while turning; it really feels like the car is one unit now. I don’t have any wheel hop (I have sticky 305 tires too).

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
OP: I can’t speak for the lockout kit, but I’ve had the IRS braces for over a year now and they are a good value.

Simple install, excellent quality, good price point. Performance wise they connected the car’s front and rear while turning; it really feels like the car is one unit now. I don’t have any wheel hop (I have sticky 305 tires too).
Locking down the rear subframe really makes the front and rear talk to each other. Without it the rear end feels a bit like a wet noodle or rubber band.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I'm kind of wondering about this also. Goal - reduced wheel hop with zero or near zero NVH change. Lots of options. Steeda IRS subframe braces, the Steeda full "stop the hop", BMR CB005 cradle lockout, or the new BMR CB762 or even the more minimal CB010. It seems most people are happy with whichever of those they chose. Have not seen too many who have tried more than one. Anyone out there that have gone through several different solutions?

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
BMR FTW! Lock out kit II (CB005) works great on the street and at the track. Also added vert links. No wheel hop with 630RWHP. Stock springs and shocks as of now.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
BMR FTW! Lock out kit II (CB005) works great on the street and at the track. Also added vert links. No wheel hop with 630RWHP. Stock springs and shocks as of now.
Which very links did you go with and how I’ve they held up?
Sponsored