Sponsored

Steeda Struts/Shocks vs BC Racing

lava5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Currently I'm running BC coilovers front and rear (divorced rear). They haven't given me any issues whatsoever, I am just looking to possibly upgrade as I am going to be tracking the car more than in the past.

I am looking at Steeda coilovers or the pro-action struts/shocks with proper handling springs (TBD). Obviously the main difference between the two options being height adjustability.

My question is, is the upgrade really worth it over the BCs, or should I just be saving up for a Cortex, JRZ type set up?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
lava5oh

lava5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I also understand the inner strut clearance will be a bit better when upgrading. Additionally the camber plate will actually be able to sit on top to adjust instead of having to take the BC strut off to adjust camber. Those two things are huge to me, I just want to know if the dampers/springs are really much of an upgrade.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
While I am happy with the performance and ride of my Steeda adjustables/linear springs...I would not consider it an upgrade over the BC coils. If I had those already, I would keep them.

Of course over stock PP dampers it was a huge upgrade, but you already have better stuff than that.

Also, not sure what you mean by the camber plate sits on top. On top of what? Or how it's different than the BC setup.

OP
OP
lava5oh

lava5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
With the BC setup, the camber plate actually sits under the strut hole/mount area. In order to adjust camber you either would have to drill out the hole or take the strut off. Massive PITA.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Ah I see, the Steeda one sits under like that also but it's floating so all you need to do is loosen the 3 strut bolts to be able to adjust the camber.

OP
OP
lava5oh

lava5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Exactly. The BCs have no provision like that to adjust on top. Not to mention the inner strut clearance is pretty bad for running wider track wheels/tires
Sponsored