Sponsored

Steeda Stop the Hop Kit

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Is this pretty much the best for the price for wheel hop? Figured I'm going to address this first before adding any other mods as I have wheel hop as it is in stock form using drag mode..

Is there anything cheaper that will mimic the same results even if it's piecing together a few different parts?

Steeda coil overs ... worth it?
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Either Steeda or BMR and you can't go wrong. I run the Steeda Ultimate kit on mine plus their billet camber links. The improvement in the car is well worth the money spent.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The subframe alignment dowels and subframe bushing supports eliminated all of my wheel hop. I intended to get the subframe braces, too...but never felt the need for them. I will eventually get them to finish things off but it’s not high priority any more. I’d imagine the bmr lockout yields similar results.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
For a single component hard to beat the BMR CB005 cradle lockout. Could do stop the hop kits as well or piece together. If thinking bout the Steeda Brace then could do the BMR CB010 combined with it.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Is this pretty much the best for the price for wheel hop? Figured I'm going to address this first before adding any other mods as I have wheel hop as it is in stock form using drag mode..

Is there anything cheaper that will mimic the same results even if it's piecing together a few different parts?

Steeda coil overs ... worth it?
Cheaper, yes - mimic the results, no.

Shot you a p.m. - we can work within your budget & get you squared away.

TJ

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Cheaper, yes - mimic the results, no.

Shot you a p.m. - we can work within your budget & get you squared away.

TJ
Add a good set of tires to one of their well put together kits and you're golden.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Step 1 throw away Stock PZeros if you have those. Both my 16 and 18 had those and geezus I hate these tires.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Get the IRS braces and go from there. Steeda and BMR make great solutions and are made in America. I've had products from both companies I liked and disliked. I think the BMR CB010 is the best bang for your buck. Install is very easy too. If I were to to redo my rear suspension setup it would be the BMR cb010, steeda cradle alignment kit, steeda IRS support braces and J&M spherical vertical links. This will have a very minimal effect on NVH and great wheel hop reduction.

You're going to get well hop on street tires no matter what (for the most part). My current setup is bmr cb010 and cb762. Steeda mag ride spring, steeda cradle alignment kit and jacking rails. Jacking rails are a great investment too. But I still have wheel hop on take off and shifting into 2nd. It's not as bad but very evident still on virgin roads. It's still horrible at the track on street tires. I'm considering getting the steeda IRS braces and dropping the CB762. I'll have the J&M vertical links on soon (they made a good improvement on my 2015 GTPP).

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Step 1 throw away Stock PZeros if you have those. Both my 16 and 18 had those and geezus I hate these tires.[/QUOTE

I had bad wheel hop with those from day 1. They finally wore out and I bought the continental dws06 and I can launch from a light at 3500 -4000 rpms and it just snaps my head back and goes. Zero hop. Softer sidewall might help as well.

Sponsored