Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Front Coilovers With Adjustable Rear Ride Height Kit

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I just wanted to post something real quick regarding the tool that comes with the kit to adjust damper settings. Adjusting the front is really a non-issue because you are looking at the tool as you turn it. However in the rear, I wanted something visually to look at for reference since you can't really see from above when turning, so I had an idea to laser etch the sides of the tool to reference one full turn and a half turn with simple markings.

Maybe @steeda can use as a suggestion for product improvement down the line or better yet, produce a nice billet knob to go with this snazzy looking suspension.
Good idea. I plan on putting a punch mark on one lug of the tool.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I will definitely pass this thread along for review!

Best Regards,

TJ

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Ordered..... I swear I should not be allowed near a credit card after a few drinks. Will post impressions once installed, ordered with 350 front springs, billet shock mounts, Rear end alignment kit and diff bushings. So much for not modding this thing for a while. Will post thoughts and install pics in my build thread. Random note, Steeda customer service was awesome!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ordered..... I swear I should not be allowed near a credit card after a few drinks. Will post impressions once installed, ordered with 350 front springs, billet shock mounts, Rear end alignment kit and diff bushings. So much for not modding this thing for a while. Will post thoughts and install pics in my build thread. Random note, Steeda customer service was awesome!
You'll basically have what I have for spring/dampers then. Will be great!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I might suggest slightly softer front springs for the EB...

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
350 fronts? Did you talk to Mike at Steeda regarding the weight springs?
I will be using mine for 90-95% track use and he suggested 300/1000 setup.
Just curious.

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
350 fronts? Did you talk to Mike at Steeda regarding the weight springs?
I will be using mine for 90-95% track use and he suggested 300/1000 setup.
Just curious.
I'm with you, they suggested 300/1000 for me as well for lots of track work.

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did talk to Steeda, and some track monkeys around here who are tracking their S550's- My thought process is I am going to start ridiculously stiff (I do prefer a very stiff ride, all of my other Mustangs I have ran really high spring rates) and then I am going to work my way down- One of the main reasons I went with Coilovers over just standard springs. If they are too much, I can order a softer set of front springs fairly cheaply, if those are too much an even softer set and end up with a couple different easily changed out setups-Steeda did recommend 300 also for my setup, some of the local guys running coil-overs thought they were being a little conservative, so I thought hey, half the fun is tearing stuff apart and changing it out anyways.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I run 350 with the V8. I can't imagine what 350 would be with a much lighter EB. We'll see! The Steeda damper can handle the spring rate just fine, though. I think 350 will be fine on the EB for track work - for street... wouldn't volunteer for that, personally.

Sponsored

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I totally agree, I expect these springs to end up track use only, but again that was part of the appeal of the coilovers, being able to switch out the front springs and change the characteristics of the car with minimal effort/expense.

I will play with it for the novelty for a month or two (less if its truly horrible) and then throw on a softer set, with a little practice I hope to make it an easy routine of today is a track day toss on the xxx springs, the wife is complaining toss in XX springs. Hope this makes some sense (it does in my head, but the caffeine is still kicking in so who knows)

I Definitely welcome input and advice, I may regret this but honestly I feel starting at the Really high end and working my way down will give me a better understanding of the car and how spring rates effect not just the comfort but the handling, I have found every car behaves differently, my Fox mustang responded drastically to any change of spring rates, my S197 had to bump it up significantly to feel any difference..

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I tend to start relatively soft and end up really stiff... I should start super stiff, haha.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I tend to start relatively soft and end up really stiff... I should start super stiff, haha.
I like starting soft then working up as well. Rough tracks soften up, smooth tracks you can firm up a bit.

Steeda Tech

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Hello AHJ,

I am awaiting feedback from our development team - I will let you know as soon as I hear back!

Have a great night!

TJ
TJ, been a while. Did you ever hear back on this? I also sent a PM and never heard from anyone.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
What about a stock GT PP looking for a 1" drop. It's my DD and I don't track it. I'm looking at doing a 19x9.5 square setup in the future.
Yes, we would be fine with that set up.

Steeda Tech
Sponsored