Steeda rear Springs

tgarver67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible Manual
Need some help folks. Bought a set of Steeda spring for my 2015 GT convertible. Got the front installed with no issues. When it comes to the rear springs, I cant seem to get the wheel assembly to drop enough to get the spring out. I even disconnected the sway bar. Any thoughts or ideas.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The big convertible “v” brace needs to be removed so the subframe can be lowered.

What springs did you purchase? Did you also get the 1/8” or 1/4” billet spring spacers?

TJ

OP
OP
tgarver67

tgarver67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
The big convertible “v” brace needs to be removed so the subframe can be lowered.

What springs did you purchase? Did you also get the 1/8” or 1/4” billet spring spacers?

TJ
Spacers didn’t come with the springs. The directions say to use the existing. They are the 1” drop progressive springs if that helps. Thanks for the tip. I will drop the v brace.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You will typically have to lower the subframe, at least the side you're working on, to get the long OEM springs out. That also requires taking off the V brace.

OP
OP
tgarver67

tgarver67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
You will typically have to lower the subframe, at least the side you're working on, to get the long OEM springs out. That also requires taking off the V brace.
So the only thing different from the instructions is to remove the v brace. Thanks.

Sponsored

Jimf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt convertible
Did you get this to work? Is the Y brace the one that the videos say to lossen or take off the two screws but on the convertible after you take it off there is still a different part welded to the frame that the assembly hits and won't lower?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jim,

If you have an install question - call 1800 950 0774 & Rodney can assist. He is a convertible owner & one of our installers in Pompano - best of both worlds :)

TJ
Sponsored