Sponsored

Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Brace - Install + Review

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is excellent - thank you..

Knowing what can (will) go wrong in advance is huge.
I wanted to do this piece but it's part of a bigger suspension package and that (potentially) lost time has to factored in - especially when using the neighbor's garage and HIS Mrs. car is left in the rain..
Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Loosened up the front and rear subframe bolts on the misaligned side, put up the brace with the front/rear bolts loose, but enough to have it in place to line up the center bolt. Then just take the pry-bar and get things shifted until they lined up, then pull the brace, tighten up the subframe bolts, then do the install of the brace again.

I guess I'm one of those unlucky folks that had a misaligned subframe from the factory, but now that I've done all this and gotten an alignment, am good to go.
Mocella,

Did you already have the steeda subframe alignment pieces installed or are you not running them?

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
What is everyone's recommendation for an everyday non track car ? I see Steeda selling the complete kit for $900 but is all of that really needed for a DD ?

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
What is everyone's recommendation for an everyday non track car ? I see Steeda selling the complete kit for $900 but is all of that really needed for a DD ?
It depends on your driving style and what you're looking to get out of the car. If you're looking to take it easy and daily drive the car, springs and sways are a great starting point. We usually recommend our customers start there, drive it around for a bit, then see what aspect of the IRS they'd like to tackle next, rather than just throwing parts at it.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
But [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], throwing parts at is is half the fun!

My car is a DD. Pretty much to buy groceries and beach trips lol :shrug:

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just install it... not THAT expensive plus your wife/gf/husband/bf doesn't need that "whatever" anyway. Tell them to buy it themselves. Kids... make 'em do chores.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
But [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION], throwing parts at is is half the fun!

My car is a DD. Pretty much to buy groceries and beach trips lol :shrug:
:D

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Any scientific data or comparisons with this and the BMR CB005? Cost is substantially different but do they do the same thing?
When I checked the price was essentially the same; BMR $180 and Steeda $184 with the CJPony discount ($194 without).

I installed mine with the weight of the car on the tires (I have a 4 post lift). Everything lined up perfectly on the driver's side, the center hole was off just enough on the passenger side that I was concerned I would cross thread the fastener if I forced it but I was able to easily lever it into alignment with a screw driver.

I daily drive my car and it is an Ecoboost PP. There is several sections of bad road that the back of the car would always feel more nervous going over the broken pavement that the front. The Steeda supports have made the back of the car feel very solid, no more twitchy nervousness.

On a hard launch with traction control off there is no more wheel hop, still get a little when the traction control is on.

These braces made as much of an improvement to the back of the car as adding the GT PP strut tower brace did to the front. I am very satisfied.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
When I checked the price was essentially the same; BMR $180 and Steeda $184 with the CJPony discount ($194 without).

I installed mine with the weight of the car on the tires (I have a 4 post lift). Everything lined up perfectly on the driver's side, the center hole was off just enough on the passenger side that I was concerned I would cross thread the fastener if I forced it but I was able to easily lever it into alignment with a screw driver.

I daily drive my car and it is an Ecoboost PP. There is several sections of bad road that the back of the car would always feel more nervous going over the broken pavement that the front. The Steeda supports have made the back of the car feel very solid, no more twitchy nervousness.

On a hard launch with traction control off there is no more wheel hop, still get a little when the traction control is on.

These braces made as much of an improvement to the back of the car as adding the GT PP strut tower brace did to the front. I am very satisfied.
Thank you for providing your feedback! Glad to hear wheel hop is gone with traction control off! :thumbsup:

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I've got some being delivered this week. Thanks for the write up and solutions! I'll report back with my install experience.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I've got some being delivered this week. Thanks for the write up and solutions! I'll report back with my install experience.
Looking forward to it!

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I finally got around to installing them today.

I put the rear up on ramps and started. Since people were having issues with the center bolt lining up I started there and loosely put in the bolt. Then I installed the rear hex bolts, then moved to the front. Everything lined up great on both sides. I snugged and torqued everything and took it for a spin. I could definitely feel a difference. This is the only mod I have on my rear suspension. I did run into a small issue that I'll reach out to [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] about, might be vehicle specific.
Here are some pics:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Always wondered how different this is than the bracing that's in the same area on convertibles... so I'm told. Never looked under one.

BWys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Guard Metallic
Got mine installed today in 42 minutes start to finish from the time I opened my shed to get my tools to the time the shed doors closed with cleanup done. It was a surprise to me however because I attempted the install on ramps yesterday and the alignment was way off. But on jack stands with the suspension relaxed it bolted up with minimal effort.

And now my car has some serious plant. I'm surprised I can actually feel the difference. :thumbsup::cheers: to Steeda

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine installed today in 42 minutes start to finish from the time I opened my shed to get my tools to the time the shed doors closed with cleanup done. It was a surprise to me however because I attempted the install on ramps yesterday and the alignment was way off. But on jack stands with the suspension relaxed it bolted up with minimal effort.

And now my car has some serious plant. I'm surprised I can actually feel the difference. :thumbsup::cheers: to Steeda
Interesting, I did mine on ramps with no alignment issues.
Sponsored