Sponsored

Steeda Progressive Spring review

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Have anymore pictures Jonas? I have my springs at the house waiting to be installed and have the same wheels.

May do the spacers also. Would really like a direct side shot. Front looks perfect, rear may poke just a tad bit for me.

Thanks, car looks great
Sponsored

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Here is side shot minus the spacers
image.jpg

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
Have anymore pictures Jonas? I have my springs at the house waiting to be installed and have the same wheels.

May do the spacers also. Would really like a direct side shot. Front looks perfect, rear may poke just a tad bit for me.

Thanks, car looks great
I thought the same thing about the back, but it grew on me. From the back it looks much wider. It gives it a more aggressive look.

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Can anyone explain to me the reason to get spacers? It seems like it's to make the tires flush with the body with no poking. I'm just trying to understand when I will need the spacers, and if I do, what size, etc. Direct me to the wheel/tires fitment if this has also been answered.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Add me to the list of "I have them and I'm waiting to install them" Bought new/used set from a member here that never even opened the box up. I paid about the same as I would have ordering direct from Steeda with the forum discount, but this way I helped out another member here.
Jonas, thanks for posting that photo. I was wondering how it would look with the stock 18" wheels. I have the same ones.

Planning on the install the weekend of Nov. 6th when the wife is out of town for a half marathon. If she sees me pulling the suspension apart, I'll get an ass chewing not worth hearing. Someting about screwing with my new car, spending money on new parts for perfectly good parts, yada, yada, yada....

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
Add me to the list of "I have them and I'm waiting to install them" Bought new/used set from a member here that never even opened the box up. I paid about the same as I would have ordering direct from Steeda with the forum discount, but this way I helped out another member here.
Jonas, thanks for posting that photo. I was wondering how it would look with the stock 18" wheels. I have the same ones.

Planning on the install the weekend of Nov. 6th when the wife is out of town for a half marathon. If she sees me pulling the suspension apart, I'll get an ass chewing not worth hearing. Someting about screwing with my new car, spending money on new parts for perfectly good parts, yada, yada, yada....
They are actually 20" wheels

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Here is side shot minus the spacers
Thanks Jonas,

Happen to have a pic directly down the side of the car with the spacers to see the amount of poke?

The ride height looks perfect. Excited about getting my progressives put on.

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jonas,

Happen to have a pic directly down the side of the car with the spacers to see the amount of poke?

The ride height looks perfect. Excited about getting my progressives put on.
How about this?
image.jpg

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Have that same shot, but from the back? Fronts look perfect

Jonas-RR-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonas
Vehicle(s)

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I have noticed that the stock suspension does have a pretty good amount of travel noticeable on "wavy" uneven roads. I don't notice it as much when I drive other FWD cars. From what I read here, progressive springs would help that but I'm really not into lowering the car. The wheel opening gap is tight enough already - cant even get a sponge in there when I wash it - and the stock look is fine. I'm wondering what options I might have without lowering it.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I have noticed that the stock suspension does have a pretty good amount of travel noticeable on "wavy" uneven roads. I don't notice it as much when I drive other FWD cars. From what I read here, progressive springs would help that but I'm really not into lowering the car. The wheel opening gap is tight enough already - cant even get a sponge in there when I wash it - and the stock look is fine. I'm wondering what options I might have without lowering it.
I was on the fence about the 1" drop too, especially with stock wheels. But I figured the ride improvements is well worth it. I'm very happy with the stock ride height, but the bouncy ride has me doing this.
My old '95 GT looked like a 4WD mustang from the factory, so lowering was mandatory. The ride improvement was 100% better with quality springs.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I know of no off-the-shelf aftermarket springs with firmer rates that don't lower the car. That leaves custom springs or custom-fabbed shims/spacers of some sort to raise the ride height back up as being the only ways I can think of. The double ball jointed front suspension probably means that you can't use tall ball joints (and a bumpsteer correction kit) to gain back any front ride height like you could on the earlier cars.

Custom fabrication could end up being cheaper if you can do it yourself. But you'd better know exactly what you'd be getting yourself into . . . I've been there a couple of times.

Norm
Sponsored