Sponsored

Review of Steeda Progressive lowering springs, Stop hop kit, camber plates.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Stock Pirelli's = wheel hop, y'all. I did nothing but change tires to Nitto Invo a while back and wheel hop on those tires was almost non-existent. Pirelli? Earthquake off the line.
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Tire pressure, Tires, Temperature, road conditions, all play a role in axle hop. The Steeda stop the hop package has been very successful in controlling axle hop.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129/
I have found that street temperature makes a huge difference in wheel hop. In the early morning or at night, I will get wheel hop...when the sun's been up for a while, no wheel hop at all. This sort of hints at traction, therefore, tires being the limiting factor (me thinks).

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have most of the "stop the hop" package. I don't have the vertical links or the adjustable toe links, but the rest of the items I have. I'm lowered just about an inch in the rear, riding on Nitto NT555's and haven't experienced anymore hopping since I installed that stuff. I laid into it pretty heavy last weekend from 1st to 2nd a few times and it only chirps a little bit and stays pretty straight. I will say I don't do much mashing on it off the line. This was all in the evening and pretty cool outside.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I have found that street temperature makes a huge difference in wheel hop. In the early morning or at night, I will get wheel hop...when the sun's been up for a while, no wheel hop at all. This sort of hints at traction, therefore, tires being the limiting factor (me thinks).

I experienced the same. When it's cool out and/or the tires are cold I get wheel hop and less than average traction. Once it warms up things get better.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Wheel hop on this car is really a joy killer. Yesterday it was raining here in socal and i gave it a little extra gas for fun and the wheel hop was so violent it was uncomfortable. I cant even spin a little bit in the rain.
My car is stock with CJPP springs. Hopefully someone can come up with a good solution to stop the hop...

Sponsored

OP
OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI for those who install the "Stop the Hop" kit, get a front brace as well. I ran with just the kit installed in the back for a few weeks and, as great as a job it did fixing issues in the back, it also made the car twitchy in the turns. Got a 2 point brace installed in the front and now the car handles very nice now.

proj_vulpix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
what do you mean by twitchy? I do agree the stock pirelli's are garbage.

Today driving i was cruising around and down shifted to pass this old lady, my rear passenger side almost broke loose. purchased a bmr cradle lockout a while ago probably should get that installed.

OP
OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OK So a little update here. I know it is months later. But I just change tires from the Pirelli's summer tires to Michelin Pilot Sports as-3+ What a difference The tire hop is pretty much gone. The weather is even 20 degrees tonight and the tires barley hopped. Where the summer tires felt like they where going to rip the rear out of the car in any weather.
Sponsored