Steeda Pro Action Love

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I started this journey with a stock 15 Ecoboost with Performance Pack. I'm sure people experience varies by trim. My car was absolutely obnoxious riding down the highway and my commute to work is a little over an hour, all highway. On parts of the road where you couldn't see any imperfections, my car was just bouncing. I even began to watch other cars to see if they were bouncing in the same area... nope. My 2010 Mustang certainly didn't have the same problem and neither did my 2006.

I began the improvement about 2 years ago with the Steeda Progressive springs for the ecoboost. I was completely amazed, not only did they close up the wheel gap and significantly improve handling, they actually improved the ride quality which I wasn't expecting. That was the first time I've ever lowered a car and gotten BETTER ride quality. It was also the first time my wife didn't give me crap for modifying the suspension. She found it much better and was willing to ride in the car. I say it was better but it didn't get rid of the bounce. Back then we still had no aftermarket dampers available for the S550.

Then Koni came out with the yellow sport adjustables. I think I was the second person to have them on my car. Again an improvement but after 1.5 years of adjusting, I couldn't get them adjusted quite right ending up with the front adjusted 0.5 turns from full soft and I think I had the rears about the same.

Then Steeda came out with the billet shock mounts. After hearing reports from a couple guys I respect on the forum with positive results, I decided to go for these. Figuring even if they don't improve the ride, these nice billet mounts would be way better than the cast junk that was on there. Well the spherical bearing in there was a surprise to me and really made the difference. The mount allowed the dampers to articulate and do their job. Again more improvement and a much better ride, still not perfect but taking all the right steps.

Right after Koni came out with their dampers for the S550, Steeda followed close behind with a solution designed by their engineers for better compression and rebound valving specifically for our car. I've heard so many others with positive results with many other suspension combinations using the Steeda Pro Action dampers, I had to bite the bullet and give it a shot and I hate to spend the same money twice. It was definitely worth it! The ride is near perfect, light years better than the stock ride all while having amazing handling. I do have a whole list of other Steeda parts that help make that happen but those being the core. I got the fixed valve dampers because of reports from others I respect and thought I don't really need adjustables and I LOVE them! :love: I had no idea the different valving would make that much difference.

Huge thanks to [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] who has helped me through the journey as well as the rest of the Steeda team and the numerous folk here on the forum sharing your experiences. Without the combination, I never would have gotten here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear, I'm putting the adjustables on next weekend. Cant wait!
Awesome! Let us know what you think when you get them on. What are you coming from, stock dampers or some other aftermarket? What springs are you on?

ohmsmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor, 15 GT-PP, 16 RZR XPT
Awesome! Let us know what you think when you get them on. What are you coming from, stock dampers or some other aftermarket? What springs are you on?
Stock PP suspension for now. Adding BMR sp080 springs, Steeda billet rear shock mounts and BMR sp005 cradle lockout.

OP
OP
jbailer

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Stock PP suspension for now. Adding BMR sp080 springs, Steeda billet rear shock mounts and BMR sp005 cradle lockout.
I'm pretty sure I remember someone else with that same setup that had great reports. I'm not sure how the GT PP dampers compare to the EB PP dampers but it felt like I was riding on springs from the factory.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
+1 on the fixed valve ProActions. I really like mine a lot. Feel like that part of the car is done. Added Steeda Sport Linear springs and Steeda adjustable bump stops as well. Car is a lot more predictable and a lot less floaty. Great combo.
Sponsored