Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Analyze the response more critically so you can tweak knowing where to start first.

So, with the setting a 1/4 up front and 1 in the back, did it understeer or oversteer? Did you feel steering was okay or did it feel delayed or lazy based upon your input? How did the car act in heavy braking? Nevermind so much about any feeling of front end dive for now (that's going to happen...) but did it want to head left or right on you? Did the back end feel funny?

You're chasing a balance, not perfection (not possible, and especially not without Penske-grade coilovers and track-rate springs... on a track, anyway).

What I've found, albeit with MUCH firmer springs (Steeda Dual Rate Comp) that, on track, the car is very stable at 2 turns on all dampers but I achieve better times with 1.5 turns, this on tires that have a very soft sidewall (Conti DW).

You will also do yourself some good testing tire pressures before you fool with shocks much. Leave them at 1 since you like that for now, and go from 30 cold to 28 cold to 26 cold and feel the difference. Not sure what tires you're running but I'm betting if they're summer tires, 28 will feel pretty good. 26 dependent on the tire. Conti DWs seemed to actually do their job at 26 psi but I liked Pirelli PZeros at 28. Find a tire pressure that you feel is suitable - car seems to grip better - and then up the shocks to 1.5 and also try front and back at .5. Spend time being critical of the car on a few laps vs. chasing times your run group.

Sometimes I wonder how people would adjust anything more than a single adjustable damper... haha. The variables with a single are plenty.
Sponsored

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Biased more towards controlling dive and squat.

Thanks,

Mike D
Hopefully Mike will answer but I can tell you going from the Koni adjustables to the Steeda Pro Action fixed valve, I can definitely tell the difference in compression with reduced dive on braking. Believe it or not, it also provides a better ride for normal daily driving. I was struggling trying to adjust for better ride with the Konis and found it with the Steeda Pro Actions.
That's what I wanted to hear guys

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So overall seems like everybody likes the adjustable at 1 turn from soft which is where the non-adjustable ones are set at for street driving.
Of course for track driving one would want more adjustability but for street, the non-adjustable ones are already pretty good.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So overall seems like everybody likes the adjustable at 1 turn from soft which is where the non-adjustable ones are set at for street driving.
Of course for track driving one would want more adjustability but for street, the non-adjustable ones are already pretty good.
I quite like my non-adjustables even with pretty heavy springs (GT350R front, BMR Handling rear). They're a pretty good match overall.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
I got my alignment today, gotta say every part in my signature changed this car. The alignment guy loved every single part I did, he was so happy when he saw the name on them. The only negative is that Steeda only offers camber plates vs faster camber plates. He got it as close as he could to the performance packs. I went for a bit of a fun run, I'm so happy!

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Just changed my shocks from the Koni Sports to the adjustable Steeda Pro-Actions. I would say the compression damping on the Steeda shocks is about perfect for the BMR SP089/SP082 springs that I am running.

I have set the Steeda dampers at 1/2 turn from soft for the rebound and took it for a test drive. Now the car handles the bumps much better. I did notice slightly more dive /squat than the Koni shocks but nothing i would consider excessive. I really think the Koni shocks just have too much compression damping for the BMR springs that I was running. I could never get the rebound damping to a setting i liked for DDing/cruising. They were great turned up for autocross or spirited driving though.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As always, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - it is truly appreciated.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rear shock mounts, fixed & adjustable shocks all on sale!

www.steeda.com

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Many sold during the Labor Day Sale ... love to hear more feedback!

TJ

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Put on my pro action fixed shocks/struts and progressive street springs last week. Couldn't be happier, took out all the bounce in the ride, feels much more planted but also smoother. You'll notice the bumps in the road, but they're not harsh like with the factory shocks/springs.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My night is complete :thumbsup:

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I installed the fixed pro actions with Ultralight Linear Springs and black differential bushings a few days ago. Way better! I tested it going down the 405 freeway here in Los Angeles, it's got everything from small bumps to expansion joints that you can catch air off of lol. Before with the non-PP and 1.5" lowering springs in front, and 25k miles on the car, my struts we're bottoming out in the front when hitting large bumps and it would bounce a few times before leveling out. Now it handles medium to large bumps really well, Rebounds right away, but On smaller bumps it's pretty stiff and when there's a section with rolling small bumps, it's a little rough, but overall it's worth it.
Sponsored