Sponsored

Steeda Heel-Toe + Garageline Spacer Install

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
A few days ago I installed the wombo-combo of heel-toe products on my mustang. I paired the GarageLine accelerator pedal spacer with the Steeda heel-toe pedal.

GarageLine spacer found here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39460

Steeda Heel-Toe pedal found here: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-billet-heel-toe-gas-pedal-2015-555-1273/

Review:
Install was very simple, there is a electrical connector with a red push-up clip that is connected to the accelerator pedal. After that, it is basically removing bolts and the pedal comes off.

THIS THING IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT. This is probably the best interior mod I have done so far. You can now move your seat back an inch or two and prevent your knee from binding up. I am an average height 5'9 guy, but I had to put the seat forward to account for the stupid-far-back OEM drivers pedal. Putting my left foot on the dead pedal would cause my knee to bind up in an uncomfortable position and also my knee would hit the steering column when putting the clutch in. THIS HAPPENS NO MORE, since you can move the seat back and the pedals are all properly spaced, your knee is in a much more natural position. Onto the good stuff, Heel-toeing... Very easy to do, I am not a professional driver whatsoever, heel-toeing was a 50/50 thing for me with the stock pedal configuration, I found it hard to roll my ankle enough to get the RPM's where I wanted to when brake-downshifting. Now it is super easy to do and takes no effort whatsoever. People with super super wide shoes may not like this mod, because the drivers pedal is a bit closer to the brake pedal, my suggestion to wide-footed people is to align the pedal more towards the right when installing it so you can be more comfortable. I wear a size 11 shoe and occasionally have unintentionally hit the accelerator pedal when braking (havent done that in awhile because i am used to it now and i don't lazy brake anymore). So if you are worried about hitting the accelerator pedal when you dont want to, move the pedal over 1/4 inch or so when marking the center holes for install. :headbang:

All in all, this is a very good drivers-mod. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with this combo. Great job GarageLine on the spacer and great job Steeda on the cool-looking pedal. :clap2:

Install (Both the spacer and pedal):

• Step 1: Remove the accelerator pedal electrical connector, Push the clip up (away from the pedal side) and then remove the connector.
  • Step 2: Remove the 3 10mm nuts that are holding the accelerator pedal in place, the pedal will now come out. (Skip to step 8 if you do not have the steeda pedal).
  • Step 3: Remove the T25 torx bolt from the backside of the pedal, the OEM pedal will now come off.
  • Step 4: Align the Heel-Toe pedal on the OEM pedal, mark the center of 3 or 4 holes on the steeda pedal, I only used 3 because I did not see the 4th self-tapping screw in the bag.
  • Step 5: Take a 3/16 or 1/8 Drillbit and drill through the OEM pedal. This is scary for some people (I have no clue why), but very easy to do so do not worry!
  • Step 6: Place the steeda pedal back on, secure it down using the 3 or 4 self-tapping screws provided. This is very easy to do with an electric drill, so I would use that.
  • Step 7 (optional): Take grip tape and cut out the profile of the steeda pedal, stick it on. Make some fancy pattern with it, whatever you would like to do if you feel like the aluminum is not grippy enough.
  • Step 8: You are done assembling the pedal, place the GarageLine spacer onto the backside of the accelerator pedal assembly.
  • Step 9: Place the pedal assembly back onto the car, secure it down using the 3 10mm nuts that you removed earlier.
  • Step 10: Reconnect the electrical connector and you are done.

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Subscribed so I remember

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
indeed, thanks [MENTION=8574]derieuz[/MENTION]! I ordered both of these pieces, should be arriving on Monday, and hopefully installed before SCCA Track Night on Thursday!

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
It's money...thanks for the tip, bro :cheers:
Heel & Toe Mods 6-22-16.JPG
Sponsored