2019 Mustang GT

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I tried the Steeda H-Pipe and it was TOO LOUD requiring me to run in a quieter mode (active exhaust) plus it sounded like a 4 cylinder tractor downshifting with Rev-Matching so I put the Resonator back on and it's much better for me!!

Try reinstalling your factory resonator......you might be pleasantly surprised??

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Most likely a muffler shop can adjust so that tips sit a little higher. I would think you would have to cut and weld to add bigger tips (not sure). I've noticed a lot of aftermarket exhaust tips don't actually sit centered from my observations.

Removing either the H Pipe or the Axle backs will quiet it down. I have the complete system "but" it is not too loud to me. My buddy has the H Pipe but not the axle-backs and it sounds great to him. I'd say remove whichever is easier for you, the axle-backs or the H Pipe and give that a try.

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else has this combo? I had mine installed the other day and have an issue with the tips sitting too low. Just wondering if this can be fixed and how. Also, is it possible to put larger tips on? Last, it's too loud for my liking, I was thinking on adding these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RYC5XN5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or should I just go back to the stock resonator. Thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I wonder if the vert allows more exhaust noise when compared to the coupe? Did you have both the H Pipe and Axle-backs on your car? I may have to find a tractor and do a comparison :)

I tried the Steeda H-Pipe and it was TOO LOUD requiring me to run in a quieter mode (active exhaust) plus it sounded like a 4 cylinder tractor downshifting with Rev-Matching so I put the Resonator back on and it's much better for me!!

Try reinstalling your factory resonator......you might be pleasantly surprised??

GasGuzzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7
I had an axleback and got rid of it and went H pipe instead. No regrets! Both would have been too much for me.

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
I have active exhaust so it basically moved the volume up a notch and gave it more rasp ......Sport was as loud as Track with the old resonator........the "tractor" sound was on rev-matched downshifts.........removed it after a day or so!! :shock:

My vert with the top up is quieter than my 2014 coupe was....not sure if the comparison is fair since these cars improve year to year!!:sunglasses:

jpgc_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I had the Steeda x-pipe and Steeda axleback before I replaced those with my Borla Set-up. Definitely on the louder side of exhausts for these cars. My main issue with the Steeda was the alignment and how low it sat. Despite how many times I tried to re-align it, I could never get it to sit right. If I were you, take it to an exhaust shop and let them bend or re-weld the hangers to raise the system up and have them align everything and weld the pipes where the brackets are attaching the axle-backs to the factory pipes. For the sound, if too loud, put the stock resonator back on.

OP
OP

thecheff22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thank you everyone, I will have a muffler shop put the stock resonator back on and have them adjust so it sits higher. I'll also see if they can put on some larger tips. I had the h pipe with the stock exhaust and the volume was good, just didn't like the tone, sounded too metallic.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I have Active Exhaust with a Steeda H-pipe and I think it's perfect. I had originally planned on swapping out the Active Exhaust for some Roush or Corsa axlebacks, but the H-pipe+AE combo ended up sounding dang near eargasmic. Track mode is super loud, throaty, and rumbles and burbles like a muscle car should, but Quiet mode is still silent as a mouse.
Sponsored