Started down the rabbit hole, parts ordered. FED-EX RUINED IT

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Well I have had my car a tear now, a 2016 PP GT. Time to venture in to suspension up grades, and parts ordered. Steeda bumpsteers, IRS braces, vertical links, and subframe alignment kit. Ford Performance Track handling kit. Waiting onthe track kit to ship, in the mean time I have been watching all the install videos I can find. Have all the tools on hand I need except a lift, will have to do it rolling around on cardboard in the drive way. Are there any hint, tricks, or special prayers I need to get all this done?
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Camber plates?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Did the FR track suspension kit myself except those pesky rear toe knuckle bearings. Just take your time it's pretty straight forward instructions. I did it in a small one car garage on jack stands no problem.

OP
OP
decableguy2000

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Still in wait mode. Waiting on Ford to ship.

OP
OP
decableguy2000

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Well one of 2 boxes showed up today got to love FedEx.
Any one have a good video of the toe knuckle bearings being installed with a ball joint press. The rest is straight forward.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Well one of 2 boxes showed up today got to love FedEx.
Any one have a good video of the toe knuckle bearings being installed with a ball joint press. The rest is straight forward.
Ball joint screw press will make quick work of the toe knuckle bearings. Its not rocket science, just keep things square/true and it will go nicely. I think you’re going to like the car with those springs.

The rear control arm bearings are waay more fun. 2 ton press had nothing, but the ball joint screw press was able to move them.

OP
OP
decableguy2000

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Some how FED-EX ruined my project. The track performance kit ships in boxes, 1 has struts, shocks, bearings, to links, and hard ware. Second box has sway bars and rear springs. Box one showed up in 4 days from the vendor. Box 2 never arrived. The sway bars arrived 2 weeks late after going 1/2 way across the country and back wrapped in an plastic bag. NO rear springs. I hate FED EX. The vendor is working to make it right. but in wait mode right now.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I may be walking into a similar situation... I ordered the gt350 front sway and the track shock/strut kit plus a bunch of odds and ends from Whitebear Lake Ford and somehow it’s all coming in two boxes; one is 55 pounds and the other is 9 pounds. That would mean the sway and shock/strut kit are in the same box... must be a big box.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
My FP track shock/strut package came in 1 box, the sway bar is probably the separate, 9 lb box.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
The sway bar only weighs 9 pounds? I bought a bunch of bolts and stuff that should amount to 9 pounds.

Sponsored
OP
OP
decableguy2000

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm back on track finally. Vendor filed a claim with Fed-ex. However replacement parts were on back order form Ford until mid Dec. I was offered a different manufacturers parts as substitutes. Which I accepted. I will be running the Ford dampeners with Steeda progressive springs and sway bars. The Ford bars were probably fine, but showed up in bags and looked like they drug around. Already have the sway bars in, and can tell the difference. I waited for black Friday sales before ordering camber plates. I got the struts reassembled last night with the camber plate, and should be tackling the rest of the install in the next weeks as weather permits. Also going to be doing sub frame braces and other projects will I have the car up on stands.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
wow thats insane! 3 months later.
My FR track suspension kit also came in two boxes from FedEx. The one box with front struts had a huge hole in the side and a strut was sticking out of the box :( luckily nothing was damaged or missing.
Sponsored