Sponsored

Star wars or Star trek, which society would you prefer to live in?

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
How is this even a question. In Star Wars, human live mostly like the old west with space technology. You also have an evil empire (or remnents of one) trying to grind everyone beneath their heel. In Star Trek humans live in an effective utopia where they can have anything they want and poverty is no longer a thing (thank you replicators).

Star trek all the way
Oh boy here we go again with politics. Star Treck Democratic President. Star Wars well...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Allow me to blow your god damn mind real quick.

j5frg8d5y12x.jpg
I swear the second I saw this in my mind I heard butthead from bevis and butthead going. "Hahaha hey baby"

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
17.-The-Better-Villain-The-Better-Geometry.jpg

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I like Star Wars but basically, the story is one of an old time western. The plot got played out in the first 3 episodes. Everything since has been 'meh."

So my vote goes Star Trek, all day, every day. Star Trek is a vision of mankind at its best. It's about hope, loyalty, camaraderie, a spirit of discovery & adventure - a unification of all who wish to live in peace & harmony, but if you choose to fight, the Federation will bring it.

Unless you count the series Deep Space Nine or Voyager. Both were barely watchable in my opinion.

If you've never watched it, I highly recommend the Star Trek Series, "Enterprise." It's available on Nextflx, I think, maybe Amazon Prime- I forget. Enterprise is a prequel starring Scott Bakula as the first captain, Jonathan Archer, of the first warp 5 capable generation starship, the NX01, the Enterprise. I think it only went 4 seasons before it got cancelled. Again, in my opinion, it ranks right up there w/the original ST series, as well as Next Generation. I really enjoyed re-watching the entire series recently.
Lee

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
A couple of those are among my favorites.
Measure of a man is a favourite of mine. Even my wife who doesn’t care for Star Trek thought it was a great episode.

Reactions: DRB

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Measure of a man is a favourite of mine. Even my wife who doesn’t care for Star Trek thought it was a great episode.
Yeah, Melinda Snodgrass is a good writer. She became story editor on the show for a season or two.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
So since I’m a movie fan I’ve thought about who would play characters in a TNG reboot. I figured it could tie into the Kelvin movies.

There was an idea for Star Trek 4, for the crew to travel back in time and Kirk would meet his father George, since he never met him in the Kelvin timeline. Figured they’d get pulled into a singularity and go back in time. When the story would be over they’d use the same singularity and travel back to their time, however something goes wrong and they end up in the future to meet the TNG crew. Neither crew has ever met one another on screen except for individual cameos.

Here’s my fancast:

Picard: Tom Hardy (prosthetic nose and chin like ST:Nemesis)
Riker: Chris Evans (based on previous roles, he can play a good leader and a good people person)
Troi: Gal Godot or Ana de Armas
Crusher: Jessica Chastain
Data: Tom Hiddleston or Sacha Boren Cohen
La Forge: Kevin Hart (I know it’s odd, but I think he can do drama and has good charisma for Geordi)
Worf: Mike Colter (Luke Cage)
Wesley: Tom Holland (he’s good at playing a kid)
O’Brien: Chris O’dowd
Guinan: Danai Gurira
Borg Queen: Charlize Theron
Q: Hugh Laurie
Yar: Vanessa Kirby

Figured the Borg would be involved. As for Q, he’d be the reason for Kirk’s crew to be pulled back and forth through time, for shits and giggles.
Sponsored