Sponsored

Stalling, Surging and CEL

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello guys I need help. I have a 2018 Mustang GT PP W/A10 and my car will randomly stall. What happens is when I let the car idle like pulling up to a stop sign or at a redlight the RPM’s fluctuate extremely from 100-1500 and the car becomes very unpredictable when I try and give it gas to save it. Took it to the dealership multiple times even had a check engine to help them isolate the issue and they replaced an injector and reset my ECU. I know this because I no longer have my MyMode setup. If anyone has any idea what it could possibly be please let me know I am tired of going back and fourth with the dealership.

P.S. I drove the car 2 hours home the day it was purchased and it stalled on me then aswell.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Could be o2 sensor, mine had the same symptoms and a CEL p0030 came on, for o2 sensor. Are you on e85?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Years ago I had a '95 Z28 that had similar stalling and erratic RPM at idle when there was a rip in the air intake hose where it connected to the throttle body. But your dealer probably would have found something as obvious as that. Wasn't there some kind of throttle body TSB for some '18 cars?

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Code faults and mods if any are the beginning to getting better replies. Google for TSB's on the car. The symptoms alone could be caused by a wide variety of issues. BTW if it were TB related you would likely go into what is known as limp mode which would minimize the max speed and RPM of the car and it is not a self resetting diagnostic. LTT and STT's would be helpful if you have the ability to datalog. Lean or Rich conditions can cause stalling. There are a multitude of possibilities.
Sponsored