Sponsored

Stalled - GT PP

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I have confirmed with Ford that this TSB doesn't currently exist or is in effect.

Waiting on feedback from Ford.
Strange ... then why has it been talked about for the last 6 months?
Sponsored

OP
OP

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Update to my old thread.

HI there. My car randomly stalled again. 12,450kms on the odo.

I was driving in the highway with the a/c on. Pulled off the exit ramp. Turned off the a/c. Came to a complete stop at the light and clutched as normal. Went to drive off and clutch in an no power. Car was on and engine off as indicated earlier.

1st day @ 70 F and it does this.

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Update to my old thread.

HI there. My car randomly stalled again. 12,450kms on the odo.

I was driving in the highway with the a/c on. Pulled off the exit ramp. Turned off the a/c. Came to a complete stop at the light and clutched as normal. Went to drive off and clutch in an no power. Car was on and engine off as indicated earlier.

1st day @ 70 F and it does this.
Last time this happened was the last time I drove my car about a month ago. Happened back to back from stop light to stop light. After re-starting the car when it first died, I did notice that the idle would dip a little as I was at a full stop the second time it happened. I have been observing it since the very first time it stalled and seems to happen the first 10 to 15 minutes of driving the car - cold or normal operating temp.

OP
OP

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Dropped off at the dealer. I've explicitly explained the situation to the dealer on the phone and in person today. I've been contact with an absolute wonderful lady at Ford Customer Service and she will follow up at the dealer as well. My car is bone stock and has never been tuned. I've asked for a reflash of my ECU if there's no conclusive data found immediately. Could be a fluke that some data may have been corrupt but that's just purely my speculation.

Stay tuned.

OP
OP

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
ECU has been reflashed and updated to the newest software version.
Ford service said there were no codes or pending DTC's for stalling.

I'm hoping this end this issue.

Sponsored

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP

Let us know if the reflash resolves the issue. Thanks.

OP
OP

RUN RICH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP
Let us know if the reflash resolves the issue. Thanks.
I'm curious if the update has anything to do with the function of the charge motion control plates. The reason I'm wondering is because my idle and overall rev response especially in the lower end seems to be quite smooth. At first I thought it maybe my mind giving me a sugar pill and calling it medicine but this smoothness seems consistent. I'm just not entirely sure how the set up works.

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Took it out of the garage, washed it and when I went to return it the 18 feet it would crank, start and shut down. Did this multiple time until I got the wrench of death.

It finally started and ran like CRAP. When the car was new in Jan 2015 I noticed a few hard starts and poor idle after starting. Now the car runs, seems ok, but I have a check engine light. MY KINGDOM for a OBD Scan Tool!

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
As an update, the code was for a WET Mass Air Flow sensor. They blow it out and were good to go.

They ordered a new one, but the Roush intake allowed water up the tube. Will have to follow up on that with them

My 1st GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bone stock 2015 Mustang GT

Run Rich I have the same issue but I'm in the engine randomly dies thread, It's happens to me 4 times now since Nov.2014 when I 1st purchased the 2015 GT. It'll be hard to tell if that reflash did the trick. They actually installed another throttle body in my car and for at least a few months everything was fine until Sept 25, 2017 where the engine dead from a semi hard acceleration to a complete stop at a light and the engine is off. Smh. But I'm up to my neck with this issue and losing patience. We all paid $40+ for these vehicles and this crap is happening? But I'll call Ford to see what the next step will be.

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
sorry to revive an old thread, but I experienced these symptoms minus the bad smell and it was a vacuum leak on my cold air intake. fixed that and haven't experienced it again.
Sponsored