Sponsored

Stainless Works no longer selling anything labeled "Offroad Use Only"

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
So no one can have a race car. Since all cars come with vin

Great. It’s just like these idiots wanting to sue the gun makers for their kids shooting up schools. Saying it’s their fault for making them.

Blows my mind
Cobrajets don't have VINs, for example.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Cobrajets don't have VINs, for example.
Majority of people can’t afford race car type cars new. (Assuming that purpose) they buy used cars and convert.

Will really kick people out of the sports if can’t allow conversions

Which I guess would be a win, can’t afford it,? Can’t do it.

Epa wins.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
So no one can have a race car. Since all cars come with vin

Great. It’s just like these idiots wanting to sue the gun makers for their kids shooting up schools. Saying it’s their fault for making them.

Blows my mind
No, you can race your car all you want - pull it there on a trailer even, just can't defeat any the emissions on it.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
No, you can race your car all you want - pull it there on a trailer even, just can't defeat any the emissions on it.
So a slow car to race with

Junk

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Even stock condition, most of us could not get the full potential out of these cars on a track. You could put Randy Pobst in Ecoboost running on three cylinders and he would out run me in my GT!

We are driving street cars off the show room floor that would have won against dedicated race cars from just 10-15 years ago. Point being, you don't have to defeat the emissions to go fast.

Need to go really fast? Keep it off the street and get a dedicated track car, safety equipment and lot's of training to keep you and everyone else on the track in one piece.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
As usual, you don't have the faintest, foggiest clue of that which you speak.
You and I haven't agreed much in the past, but I agree with you on this. đź‘Ť

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Need to go really fast? Keep it off the street and get a dedicated track car, safety equipment and lot's of training to keep you and everyone else on the track in one piece.
Unless that car never had a VIN, then you would still be beholden to EPA clean air regulations.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
As usual, you don't have the faintest, foggiest clue of that which you speak.
oh I do, but its still my choice to have a car with 100000hp, but only use .01 of it on the street.

I ride motorcycles, used to track them etc. I know slower bikes with better riders could fly by newbies on super fast bikes.

but if someone just wants it, just to drive 65mph on the highway, they should have the right too. ie me. I would be that guy, all my bikes are fully decatted, and tuned, etc and all I do is cruise around. why? because its fun

this was my garage few years ago. I went overboard and downsized. I keep getting/selling bikes, but I will always rip off the cats day 1 and do the same routine. its just fun.

I just want the choice to be able to buy or do whatever I want really, that is what grinds my gears. telling us and making it so we can't buy products for things we want is irritating and wrong.
01CACA3A-4BA2-4DDD-BA48-38585831CEE1_zpsegd91l3w.jpg

awh my old 15 ruby red eb before it got totaled.
22_zpsj0edvc6a.jpg

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, but even the right to bear arms doesn't mean the right to own an F15 or a nuclear weapon. Not comparing those to driving without Cat's. But because of a lack of individual self control, we bring these government controls and interventions on ourselves.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
But the spotted 2 headed owl that doesn't fly and costs us taxes to keep it alive doesn't like car emissions...

Went catless downpipe on my mini really only because it was cheaper than a cat version. Noticed zero difference. Completely fine keeping the factory exhaust manifolds on the mustang. I do dislike the removal of an option though. It's not like large amounts of people are hot rodding their cars to pollute more. I have a hard time believing YouTube jackasses and that shitty neighbor is really doing anything real in the grand scheme of polluting. What about all the trucks delivering all those Amazon packages and food and medical supplies?

Overall it's a shame but it currently doesn't impact me in any way.