Sponsored

Stainless clamp in resonator delete/x-pipe now available!

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
I got a notification that it's being sent out Monday so I should have it either Thursday or Friday.
Sound clip there after...
Thank you
Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Any difference in tone and sound volume between the single x pipe (resonator deleted) in this setup and Corsa's double helix x pipe? Opinions appreciated!

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
off topic but X pipe design? Now this pipes x design looks great to me, so why did ford use that rather odd looking X ? Does one scavenge better than the other? This design looks to move more air.

Anybody know fluid dynamics?

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I have been holding out for something like this. Glad it came out. going to order mine soon.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
off topic but X pipe design? Now this pipes x design looks great to me, so why did ford use that rather odd looking X ? Does one scavenge better than the other? This design looks to move more air.

Anybody know fluid dynamics?
Not off topic at all. Cost I'm sure. If you look into the pipe it's not much of a crossover, more like a collision point. I'm a firm believer that the primary restriction on pretty much most modern exhaust systems is not bends and mufflers anymore (assuming they're far enough down stream) but the cats. And cats are getting pretty well flowing too. However after looking down that X pipe after I did my delete, I actually think it might be the biggest restriction. it's a horrible piece.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems to me that Ford's supplier could have made a pipe crossover as easily this company did, but had terrible looking X cast made and the size isn't right. Yet they claim they spent lots of hours getting the design right. So I was wondering if those sharp bends were to cause a pulse effect either for sound or scavenging? Guess will know if somebody puts its on dyno.

Whomever install the FIRST PIPE LETS US KNOW!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
It seems to me that Ford's supplier could have made a pipe crossover as easily this company did, but had terrible looking X cast made and the size isn't right.
Doubtful. A cast piece is much easier than mandrel bending pipes, welding them on an angle, and quality controlling each one.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm no expert but the benders I've seen are programmed, true a jig to cut and jig to weld. But real question why that shape in the X ? Why not cast something less abrupt in its radius? So fluke or a reason.

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Bumping this back up since I finally got the chance to install it over the weekend. Quality is great with this piece, and I will say that if you have access to a lift to use it. I had mine up on jackstands and when cutting the pipe with a reciprocating saw you just can't get the right angles to get a good straight and clean cut when laying on your back. So I ended up just dropping the catback and making the cuts with it sitting on the garage floor.

Just as expected, the sound is great! And since I've heard a couple of R's in person I do say that it sounds just like them now. Lots more pops and cracks and a little more higher pitched tone along with a bit more volume. Overall very happy!

[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Sounds great, did they raise the price?
I believe they did, but it's still around half the price of the Corsa piece. They did a promotional thing the first week for the $200 price to get people interested and jump on the best deal.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I already cut out my resonators but may try this to get rid of the factory X
Let us know how it goes if you do it. Same position as you, but not sure if it makes any noticeable difference for us.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Sounds great, did they raise the price?
LOoks like they did. I believe it was only $200 when the thread was started.
Just placed an order before it went up any more!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Let us know how it goes if you do it. Same position as you, but not sure if it makes any noticeable difference for us.
lol I was hoping for someone else to be the guinea pig and report back:lol:

edit: Much less likely now that they raised the price $80!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
lol I was hoping for someone else to be the guinea pig and report back:lol:
:lol:

If they came out with this early in the GT350's life, I think most of us would have gone this route. There has to be at least a thousand of us that they missed out on.
Sponsored