Sponsored

Stainless clamp in resonator delete/x-pipe now available!

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I too, ordered one of these the first week when I came across this thread. It arrived very quickly, was packaged well, and is a high-quality piece.

Haven't installed it yet, but will likely get it on there soon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
:lol:

If they came out with this early in the GT350's life, I think most of us would have gone this route. There has to be at least a thousand of us that they missed out on.
No doubt! I honestly thought one of the bigger companies like Late Model Resto or Lethal Performance would have made one of these a long time ago. Glad I held out.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I too, ordered one of these the first week when I came across this thread. It arrived very quickly, was packaged well, and is a high-quality piece.

Haven't installed it yet, but will likely get it on there soon.
Have you already deleted the resonator?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
No doubt! I honestly thought one of the bigger companies like Late Model Resto or Lethal Performance would have made one of these a long time ago. Glad I held out.
It's made the car much more enjoyable for the entire time I've owned it, so no regrets for doing it early. It was only $100. The question now is, is it worth upgrading to this new X pipe set up.

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's made the car much more enjoyable for the entire time I've owned it, so no regrets for doing it early. It was only $100. The question now is, is it worth upgrading to this new X pipe set up.
For me it was more of a convenience factor. I don't have any exhaust shops close to me that I trust. I'd rather do what I can in my own garage.

Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
how do you guys like this sound? I wish the car sounded a bit meaner with Sport mode, in the interior its nice but not as loud as i assumed from watching all the videos on youtube before i bought the car, almost seems refined to a point. I might do this mod

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Have you already deleted the resonator?
Nope - have a piece of stainless tubing laying around, but I like this version much better. Wasn't really waiting for something like this, but glad I hadn't gotten around to cutting and welding in the new pipe yet.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
how do you guys like this sound? I wish the car sounded a bit meaner with Sport mode, in the interior its nice but not as loud as i assumed from watching all the videos on youtube before i bought the car, almost seems refined to a point. I might do this mod
Whether it's deleting the resonators or replacing the resonators along with the factory X with this X-pipe, it'll give you what you're looking for and more. There's really nothing online anywhere that does this exhaust note justice.

bananastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Bumping this back up since I finally got the chance to install it over the weekend.
Still waiting for my chance to get mine done too , I saw in the instructions about cutting the step down section on the pipes, did you cut them off or leave it on yours? Sounds great BTW!!!

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby 350
dwalker, did you cut the neck down portion of the xpipe off? I received mine and will try to install this weekend

OP
OP
dwalker

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting for my chance to get mine done too , I saw in the instructions about cutting the step down section on the pipes, did you cut them off or leave it on yours? Sounds great BTW!!!
I didn't fool with cutting off the step downs myself, it could easily be done and would be just like how the factory setup buts up against the pipes coming from the cats and the clamp just slides over it. If you leave the step down then that slides up inside of those pipes and gives you a little more support in that area.

Here's another video I took yesterday, I have a very similar video of the stock setup on my Youtube channel as well if you want to check it out.

[ame]

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Got here today. That was quick.
Going on this afternoon.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I didn't fool with cutting off the step downs myself, it could easily be done and would be just like how the factory setup buts up against the pipes coming from the cats and the clamp just slides over it. If you leave the step down then that slides up inside of those pipes and gives you a little more support in that area.

Here's another video I took yesterday, I have a very similar video of the stock setup on my Youtube channel as well if you want to check it out.

Cant notice any difference from my own exhaust note. Thanks for the post!
Sponsored