Sponsored

Stage 3 trans clutch help

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone have experience with a RST and RTX twin disc clutch? I have a stage 3 trans from Ben Calimer on the way. For the most part the car is stock and a daily, I will be adding a procharger soon, any feedback is appreciated 🙏🏼
Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I have a stage 3 26 spline trans. I have the RXT it’s annoying it’s nothing like stock you just have to get use to it. Once I begin to release the clutch the car starts moving then at 90 percent release it kinda grips and rocks the car lol It’s like you have to ride the clutch to get it to smoothen out.How much power are you making? They’re rated for different power levels.

OP
OP
Theprotagonist69
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a stage 3 26 spline trans. I have the RXT it’s annoying it’s nothing like stock you just have to get use to it. Once I begin to release the clutch the car starts moving then at 90 percent release it kinda grips and rocks the car lol It’s like you have to ride the clutch to get it to smoothen out.How much power are you making? They’re rated for different power levels.
right now pretty much stock besides some suspension stuff, I do plan on adding a procharger and aiming for 700-800, I’ve heard and read a lot of good and bad things about the rxt and rst

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Anyone have experience with a RST and RTX twin disc clutch? I have a stage 3 trans from Ben Calimer on the way. For the most part the car is stock and a daily, I will be adding a procharger soon, any feedback is appreciated 🙏🏼
Rst if you just drive the car will be fine, if you plan on doing clutch dumps or burnouts, then the RXT is the way to go, hold s up to the heat better, let me know if i can help with a group discount

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have had both clutches and also have a BC stg 3 tranny. Currently running the RXT1200. The RST was as smooth as butter and like stock, actually better than stock. The RXT because of the pucked and more aggressive material is a little more temperamental. I can drive it smooth, but you have to get used to it. It has an aggressive take-up and can chatter if you try to let it out too slow right at the end of the clutch travel. And I'm talking about slow driving in traffic etc. Once you get past takeoff from a stop, it's butter otherwise. The BC tranny has been perfect for me. There is extra whine, but it's not that loud. I'm driving on the street in the 14-15 psi region currently and both the clutch and BC tranny are flawless.
Sponsored