Sponsored

Stage 3 Cobb with turbonetics turbo 400 whp?

OP
OP
Eco206

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
if you are running the cobb stage 3, you should already have a downpipe installed (it's part of the stage 3 package they sell)
I am using the full turbo back exhaust. I'm using all stage 3 kit minus intake.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
IIRC, Cobb recently came out with a new exhaust for the EB, with twin 2.5" pipes instead of their original twin 3" pipes after the resonator. Which one do you have? How does it sound?

OP
OP
Eco206

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
IIRC, Cobb recently came out with a new exhaust for the EB, with twin 2.5" pipes instead of their original twin 3" pipes after the resonator. Which one do you have? How does it sound?
Mine is 3" from turbo back. Its deeper than stock but not much louder. You wont have any drone if you use the car in drive or paddle shift. I personally like it because I did not want a really loud exhaust.

Jax2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
OP
OP
Eco206

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
400whp package from TunePlus is good. I went with the 350whp package with unlimited tunes. So E30 is an option down the road if I choose. The 350 package is the sweet spot on the $/hp curve.
Use it as a road map to guide your build.

https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/products/tune-w350-power-package-for-2015-ford-ecoboost-mustang
Have you checked on dyno to confirm that you have 350whp? I bought the stage 3 cobb kit and had it installed which gave me a decent power upgrade, but of course I want more power so I bought the turbonetics turbo. I really dont want to mess with the fuel system I was hoping with everything I bought I could get close to 400 whp and just be done with it.

Sponsored

Jax2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
No dyno logs on my car. Didn't realize you already had the big turbo. Find a tuner and discuss your goals with them. The TunesPlus 400whp is designed to achieve 400whp so that is the parts list to get you there. Good luck.

OP
OP
Eco206

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
You are going to need a custom tune for that power, i would add a water/meth injection kit just for safety
The water meth kits seem like they are not reliable. Has someone found a kit with good reviews? Tune plus has video out on one but they dont even sale that kit anymore.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
The water meth kits seem like they are not reliable. Has someone found a kit with good reviews? Tune plus has video out on one but they dont even sale that kit anymore.
I have had a good experience with snow performance kits.

93 octane is not enough to get 400whp, so you will have to mix e85 with gasoline to make e30, use water/meth injection or add aux fueling so you can run pure e85, if you are willing to compromise you can drive around 350whp on 93

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP
400whp package from TunePlus is good. I went with the 350whp package with unlimited tunes. So E30 is an option down the road if I choose. The 350 package is the sweet spot on the $/hp curve.
Use it as a road map to guide your build.

https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/products/tune-w350-power-package-for-2015-ford-ecoboost-mustang
I basically have this kit though parts were purchased over time. Dyno'd it a couple of weeks ago and got 290 HP at the wheel on 93. Was hoping for something over 300 HP. Contacted Adam and he needs new datalogs from me to verify a couple of things. He said he can not work off the logs from the Dyno. Have over 15K on the plugs Tune+ sold back in 2016 and will be putting in a new set of the NGK Iridium Spark Plugs this week.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eco206

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
I basically have this kit though parts were purchased over time. Dyno'd it a couple of weeks ago and got 290 HP at the wheel on 93. Was hoping for something over 300 HP. Contacted Adam and he needs new datalogs from me to verify a couple of things. He said he can not work off the logs from the Dyno. Have over 15K on the plugs Tune+ sold back in 2016 and will be putting in a new set of the NGK Iridium Spark Plugs this week.
I'm currently working with tune plus now. The car is much stronger with the big turbo but boost is later than before. Im hoping that he can tune it so that I have better low rpm boost. My cobb AP says I'm pushing around 405 torque and 380 hp which would be crank numbers, not sure how accurate they are and I believe I need to run it in 4th gear to get better numbers but that would require some high speed pulls

OP
OP
Eco206

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
I tried the 0-60 for first time since I got the car and got 4.8 which i thought was good? It was messy I skipped my tires a little on my launch attempt and redlined 1st gear. I will try more later I think I can get mid 4's.

DavidEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue 2.3T/AT Mustang
E30 with dense air is where the 400 hp is at. I plan on going E50 with port injection.

For anyone interested, I have a new Snow Performance Meth kit with goodies forsale. I'll sell for a better deal than listed
Sponsored