Sponsored

Squeaking AFTER clocking the suspension bushings

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So I found an alignment shop that supposedly the mechanic knows how to align performance cars as I needed an alignment after installing new shocks/struts and sway bars. I went in prior and spoke with him and brought him all of the diagrams with torque values, etc. I also spoke with him about removing the preload from the sway bar end links. He seemed knowledgeable and aware of what I wanted done.

I was very adamant about torquing everything during the install and after getting the car back on the ground I had some very ever so slight squeaking coming from both the front and the rear, but after a drive on Saturday and a long drive on Sunday all of the noise was completely gone. I chalked that up to the sway bars just settling into to where they needed to be.

Well, after getting my car back yesterday after the alignment (that's another thread) and suspension clocked, it's squeaking quite a bit in the front and just a little less in the rear. It's only on when going over speed bumps or any low speed bumps like the curb going up into my driveway. At speed everything is quiet.

Any suggestions on what to look at?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Some more clues as to what's been happening since......

1. 2 days after I got it back I drove it for about 30 mins. Coming off my driveway, no squeaking. I took it up to a nearby shopping center and went over 3 or 4 speed bumps, no squeaking. 20 mins later I was in a neighborhood that has those speed humps (not bumps) and the first 2 or 3 , no squeaking. The last speed hump I went over I took it a tad faster than the others and the front and rear both squeaked, like it had 2 days prior after getting it back from the shop that did the alignment and clocked everything. Back to square one.

2. Yesterday I took it out again and it was squeaking just like it had since I got it back, EXCEPT, I took it back to the shopping center that has the speed bumps and enough room on each side where you can run one tire on the flat and the other on the speed bump. It didn't squeak when I only ran one side on the bumps. ??????

Can anyone give me a clue on what to check and how to check? I'm still not sure if it's the sway bar bushings (possibly least likely) or the suspension arm bushings.

Help!!

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
This is a long shot but I just did my springs and I was hearing a squeak too that wasnt there 2 hours before I did the springs. Had my brother lay in the back with the seats down to try to pin point the noise as I drove.

Turns out my subwoofer bracket came loose somehow from lowering the subframe. Makes no sense but tightened it and all was quite.

Dont know if you have the shaker sub too, like I said it's a long shot.

Also I'd remove the rear sway bar and reinstall it, anytime I had rear squeak it's been the bolt were the sway bar meets the endlinks

OP
OP
JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The odd part is after I installed the struts/shocks and swaybars there was NO squeaking AT ALL. It only started after I had everything clocked.