Sponsored

Spoiler Install - Adhesive Only?

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just looking for a yes/no on installing a spoiler with adhesive only. I bought the MMD V Series spoiler from AM and recieved only some double sided tape and a tube of polyurethane to install it. It's a new version and the instructions show this is the correct install.

The videos on the website still show installing with adhesive and screws in the factory holes. I contacted AM and they said it required the screws but I'm assuming the CS rep hasn't been updated?

Is this fine for install?.. I have no clue how adhesive holds up for high speeds in Mexico. Thanks in advance for those who know more.
Sponsored

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
i'm in FL and had no problem with an adhesive-only install with a aftermarket 350-style spoiler...

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
When I removed my MMD Foose spoiler I used screws and 3m tape. It was a real effort… I mean fight to get it off after removing the screws. But I did have the screws installed to provide clamping force while the tape set. I am sure it would have held up to “Mexico” speeds without the screws. But having good tape and heavy clamping is the key.

oneaussie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 14 Mustang, 70 AAR Cuda
I just installed a GT500 spoiler. I used studs and 3M double sided tape for piece of mind. I personally wouldn't just use tape IMHO
Sponsored