Sponsored

specs on the new Camaro make you think of canceling??

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
I am just curious, the specs on the new Camaro are out and the SS is going to outperform our Mustang GTs by .6 sec on the 1/4 mile. That is huge. Does this give anyone second thoughts? I can't help but think I should back out of my order on my 2016 and see if Ford reacts for 2017. Is there anyone thinking the same? It just sickens me to think the Camaro has this advantage. :tsk: :brokenheart:
Sponsored

Last edited:

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Camaro will be more expensive and by what has come out, will be a better performer by the specs. But I am not cancelling since I don't plan to race my car. So I am okay with my choice. If prices were equal and depending on if the interior was updated in the Camaro, then I would have regrets. But, I am satisfied.

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
There will always be a faster and/or better car out there. I don't like the interior of the new Camaro or the visibility, I prefer the Mustang's. That's why I ordered a Mustang. The vast majority of the time I won't be in a situation where the Camaro's performance advantage at the limit will be a factor. However, dealing with the interior and visibility will always be there when driving.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just curious, the specs on the new Camaro are out and the SS is going to outperform our Mustang GTs by .06 sec on the 1/4 mile. That is huge. Does this give anyone second thoughts? I can't help but think I should back out of my order on my 2016 and see if Ford reacts for 2017. Is there anyone thinking the same? It just sickens me to think the Camaro has this advantage. :tsk: :brokenheart:
driver mod and don't worry about it.
im not a fanboy for a specific car, but I love my GT and I think you will too. Remember, there will always be someone faster then you.
also, 9/10 people cannot drive the car to the full potential.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
Well it might be funny to some people, but waiting another year might be rewarding.

OP
OP

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
You're prob right. I just had a sleepless night over thinking it.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You're prob right. I just had a sleepless night over thinking it.
I think the 1/4 times between autos on Camaro and mustang will be within 2 tenths at best. The manual times on Camaro vs mustang will be within 2 tenths at best as well. I don't believe the curb weight. I want to see someone weigh these. also want to see how it does at the track.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I am just curious, the specs on the new Camaro are out and the SS is going to outperform our Mustang GTs by .06 sec on the 1/4 mile. That is huge. Does this give anyone second thoughts? I can't help but think I should back out of my order on my 2016 and see if Ford reacts for 2017. Is there anyone thinking the same? It just sickens me to think the Camaro has this advantage. :tsk: :brokenheart:
Why does it sickening you? Modify your car to your desires. No offense, but I don't see why people get bent out of shape over stuff like this. I don't understand that logic.

Keep your order and enjoy your awesome car:cheers::ford:

Sponsored

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
.06 seconds is not huge..

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
.06 seconds is huge?

Bwahahaha! A fly hitting the windshield can change time that much.

Drive both and buy whichever you like the best.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
There is a substantial difference in straight line performance between the manual and 8 speed auto version of the SS, with the auto being quicker to 60 by .3 seconds and quicker in the 1/4 by whatever. The manual SS performs about the same as the Mustang GT PP with a manual tranny in straight line speed I believe with almost identical 0-60 within 0.1 seconds of each other in Chevy's test. I'm sure the performance gains of the 8 speed auto is why they opted to use it.

Also, in the 2 news emails I got this morning I still haven't seen actual weights, only amounts of high much lighter they are than the other models, etc. Do we know for a fact yet that they are about the same weight as the Mustang? I remember reading late last year that the 14/15 SS was a couple hundred heavier than the GT, is they weight now almost the same?

I agree with some other posters here, I have no regrets with the Mustang based on the deal I got buying it in July. I would have had to pay about $10k more for a comparable new Camaro when they show up next month and they are not worth that much of a difference.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Real world...

.5 seconds in 1/4 mile does not sell cars

-$5,000 does.

look at the complete package, and the 2 cars are about equal in every way but costs. that is up to the buyer to decide.

$5k is a lost to make up in car payments. depending on loan, $100 a month.
Sponsored