Sparkles in windshield

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Noticed today my front windshield at dusk gas thousands if tiny spots that sparkle with low sun.after dark it's clear.never park under tree.cant feel anything on surfacelike tree sap.its a 3rd car and only put 2kmiles on it,rarely on,highway.i used all the normal glass cleaning stuff,both in abrasive,like maguiars clarity.looks like a sand blast.any thoughts
Sponsored

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Noticed today my front windshield at dusk gas thousands if tiny spots that sparkle with low sun.after dark it's clear.never park under tree.cant feel anything on surfacelike tree sap.its a 3rd car and only put 2kmiles on it,rarely on,highway.i used all the normal glass cleaning stuff,both in abrasive,like maguiars clarity.looks like a sand blast.any thoughts
It sounds like normal wear and tear. Some superficial pitting from sand, debris, etc.

Anyone ever say you look like Anthony Bourdain?

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like normal wear and tear. Some superficial pitting from sand, debris, etc.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Yes also Andrew Jackson.
The sparkles came on suddenly,not like normal wear

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Small imperfections from sand are usually only visible in certain light like dawn/dusk. Maybe you can grab a picture of it though.

Sponsored

CJobe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHRIS
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
Clay bar the windshield. It will help. Go on step beyond and use a glass plush after

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If it’s not exterior surface damage from being “sand blasted” on the highways or interstates - it could be the laminate in between the glass layers.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Did you use a microfiber to clean the windshield before you notice the sparkles? I have a sprange sparkle effect to my windshield as well and it was from a microfiber leaving microfibers on the glass. Strange as that sounds they can stick rather good and give the glass a strange appearance. if you take your finger and rub a spot then wipe it with something other than a microfiber do they go away? I bought my microfibers from home depot and n paint they are fine but for some reason when I use them on glass it leaves those millions of tiny fibers and they are very hard to get off. And you don't notice them til light hits them just right. IM talking also on inside of windshield as you seem to have scrubbed the outside. Mine did it on the inside and was hard to tell at first what side of glass was on.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you're not under a tree, are you near any trees? I noticed this last year with mine. Parked near to but not under some pine trees, and every now and then the windscreen got treated to a "misting" of tree sap. Can't ever remember noticing a glittering effect though. I could tell it was tree sap because the wipers or my finger run across it, smudged the small specks, they were kinda sticky. Not much you can do really to avoid it. A glass coating will make it easier to clean. I carry some glass cleaner in my glovebox, for the moments when I just have to get it off!

CJobe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHRIS
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use a microfiber to clean the windshield before you notice the sparkles? I have a sprange sparkle effect to my windshield as well and it was from a microfiber leaving microfibers on the glass. Strange as that sounds they can stick rather good and give the glass a strange appearance. if you take your finger and rub a spot then wipe it with something other than a microfiber do they go away? I bought my microfibers from home depot and n paint they are fine but for some reason when I use them on glass it leaves those millions of tiny fibers and they are very hard to get off. And you don't notice them til light hits them just right. IM talking also on inside of windshield as you seem to have scrubbed the outside. Mine did it on the inside and was hard to tell at first what side of glass was on.
the reason it sticks is you have embedded contaminants in the glass. Clay bar will pull these contaminants out of the glass. The same happens with your paint. Put your hand in a sandwich bad and run you hand across the glass after cleaning it and you will feel it grab. That can be cleared by a clay bar

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
My Mustang, and my wife's Explorer both have Sparkly windshields, 2015 Mustang 30K, 2013 Explorer 105K. Garage kept..
My (2001) Chevy Silverado, 155K, NO SPARKLES. Outdoors.

Ford makes crappy windshields. My Opinion anyways.....

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase

It may be the mesh that holds the windshield together in a reckum, Dr. House.

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
My last three new cars have had this also. Right from brand new including the Mustang. First time I noticed this was on a 2018 Mazda3. I made the dealer warranty the glass. New glass had it too. Must be a reason these "sparkles" are there. They bother the shit out of me but I have just gotten used to them

Don

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Clay bar the windshield. It will help. Go on step beyond and use a glass plush after
And you can use a compound and DA with microfiber disk to take them out if they're superficial. A lot of vids on youtube showing the process. Also a DA is very handing when wanting to polish or take out swirls so it can be a good purchase on down the road.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I can't feel nor see them on surface with magnifying glass.its in the glass.weird,cause it just suddenly showed up.ill bring it to my dealer next week.
Sponsored