Source for Ford Original CF dash?

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Looking for a source where I can find the carbon fiber dash trim kit. I've searched the forum and found a source for standard dash without gauges aftermarket, but not the GT350/GT350R version. I found a source on EBay where they lay over carbon and checking to see if they do our dash. But, I would like OEM and searches of Ford parts shows a Shelby dash for $2,000+ (ouch!!). My new GT350R didn't come with the carbon dash- would like to change it. Any leads or sources would be appreciated.
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I was thinking to install CF dash as well. I went to my dealer where I purchased car new. In parts they showed me the price of $2600 without installation. So, I decided to pass on installing CF dash idea. IMO it's not worth it.

OP
OP
Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I was thinking to install CF dash as well. I went to my dealer where I purchased car new. In parts they showed me the price of $2600 without installation. So, I decided to pass on installing CF dash idea. IMO it's not worth it.
Yeah not worth that price! If that's the OEM price then forget it.
As an option for $500 it is.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Looking for a source where I can find the carbon fiber dash trim kit. I've searched the forum and found a source for standard dash without gauges aftermarket, but not the GT350/GT350R version. I found a source on EBay where they lay over carbon and checking to see if they do our dash. But, I would like OEM and searches of Ford parts shows a Shelby dash for $2,000+ (ouch!!). My new GT350R didn't come with the carbon dash- would like to change it. Any leads or sources would be appreciated.

The panel is 100% carbon fiber made with epoxy resin, so it’s top notch real carbon fiber, not the one layer of carbon backed by multiple layers of fiberglass made with polyester resin.

I’m a composites expert and it’s awesome that Ford didn’t play around and make a carbon-like part, they made a mechanically Carbon part that was made the exact same way that a race part would be constructed.

upload_2020-2-12_7-7-3.jpeg

(A Ford GT 5.4L valve cover that I made for testing for a race team)

I give Ford props for making a race quality carbon part, but the price point will be high.

Hit up Anderson and see if they can release a panel replacement.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
You can check out MPR performance. They do a lot of OEM CF pieces.

Or you can constantly check out Midway Mustang who part out cars all the time

Sponsored

OP
OP
Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The panel is 100% carbon fiber made with epoxy resin, so it’s top notch real carbon fiber, not the one layer of carbon backed by multiple layers of fiberglass made with polyester resin.

I’m a composites expert and it’s awesome that Ford didn’t play around and make a carbon-like part, they made a mechanically Carbon part that was made the exact same way that a race part would be constructed.

upload_2020-2-12_7-7-3.jpeg

(A Ford GT 5.4L valve cover that I made for testing for a race team)

I give Ford props for making a race quality carbon part, but the price point will be high.

Hit up Anderson and see if they can release a panel replacement.
Well the price point is high as posted above for a replacement dash. But the option is only $500, which gives us an indication of the real cost. Do you have a link to Anderson?

You can check out MPR performance. They do a lot of OEM CF pieces.

Or you can constantly check out Midway Mustang who part out cars all the time
Thanks for the link to MPR performance- they do have it for $1800- so some savings, looks OEM quality. Be interested if anyone has splurged on this.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Well the price point is high as posted above for a replacement dash. But the option is only $500, which gives us an indication of the real cost. Do you have a link to Anderson?

Thanks for the link to MPR performance- they do have it for $1800- so some savings, looks OEM quality. Be interested if anyone has splurged on this.
The $500 is an option price which is in addition to the entire price of a car. That doesn’t reflect the cost of the part or the quality or the replacement cost of the part.

mid you read my play again, I said that you can ask Anderson to make one.

OP
OP
Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The $500 is an option price which is in addition to the entire price of a car. That doesn’t reflect the cost of the part or the quality or the replacement cost of the part.

mid you read my play again, I said that you can ask Anderson to make one.
Is Anderson a user here or a company? And we will have to disagree on the cost- CF dash pieces for my GT3 don't cost this much. Although I did select the option, LOL!

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Is Anderson a user here or a company? And we will have to disagree on the cost- CF dash pieces for my GT3 don't cost this much. Although I did select the option, LOL!
We can disagree, I worked on Ferrari’s, Lamborghini, BMW, Porsche, and drag and standing mile cars, but for instance our carbon fiber wheels cost around $11,800 per wheel if we were to spec out a Nissan with them (buying the Carbon Revolution aftermarket wheel). That is far lower than the 920A R-Package because it’s all bundled in a car.
To make a full carbon piece with epoxy resin that is not a fiberglass reinforced part with polyester resin, no company could offer that for $500 or less. The carbon itself cost almost 3/4 of that to do a part.

anderson composites is a supplier, manufacturer of carbon parts. If they find that there is a great desire, they may come out with a replacement that would fit your tastes and may fit the price point.

OP
OP
Montoya

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
We can disagree, I worked on Ferrari’s, Lamborghini, BMW, Porsche, and drag and standing mile cars, but for instance our carbon fiber wheels cost around $11,800 per wheel if we were to spec out a Nissan with them (buying the Carbon Revolution aftermarket wheel). That is far lower than the 920A R-Package because it’s all bundled in a car.
To make a full carbon piece with epoxy resin that is not a fiberglass reinforced part with polyester resin, no company could offer that for $500 or less. The carbon itself cost almost 3/4 of that to do a part.

anderson composites is a supplier, manufacturer of carbon parts. If they find that there is a great desire, they may come out with a replacement that would fit your tastes and may fit the price point.
Thanks, I found them online- I’ll see if they are interested, thanks!

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I passed on a few R models during my search because they didn't have the CF dash option once I realized how expensive it was to do afterwards.

I'm glad I waited, it looks incredible and adds a great touch to the interior of the car.