Sponsored

Sour Challenger Owners on ChallengerTalk

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Well since the announcement of the Hellcat the ChallengerTalk forums have been BEAMING with "VICTORY! WE DID IT! HAHA FORD AND CHEVY!"

Though being a current Challenger owner personally i'm extremely disappointed in the Hellcat. Congrats you hit 707HP but your creating another car way out of reach for the everyday buyer. The current SRT is around 54k MSRP which is way over priced for a fairly outdated everything and an engine that can be smoked by the new 5.0.

My argument was that Dodge has wasted countless R&D and Money on developing the Hellcat. Money and time that could have been used to improve the SXT,R/T,SRT. Just look at the R/T the 5.7L is the same it was when it released in the Challenger in 2009...Their solution..Offer the 392 in the R/T without the Brake or suspension mods.... Long story short Minimal improvements on the cars they actually sell and creating the Hellcat a car barely anyone will be able to afford...Especially when your already in last place in sales, Technology, Quality and Performance. Pretty much all it has going for it is Looks.(Which trust me I will miss how my R/T Classic looks)

In having open discussions and voicing this opinion was pretty much met with.

1. Your poor so you cant afford a SRT
2. Die Mustang Fanboy
3. Your not a man
4. Your a sheeple
5. Get lost and run over to your Mustang losers
6. Your Jealous because the Hellcat is the best!
7. much more Ignorant responses...

All because I had an opposite view and like I said I'm upset because they could have...Improved the ancient 5.7L...Lighten the SRT...Widen the Rear tires on the SRT to maybe something bigger than 265...Increase paint and body panel quality...increase General Quality of the overall vehicle and so on.

While voicing my opinion about improving the three main Trims and asking why the victory flags were being waved due to a HP number. (Especially on a forum where the first thing they say during any HP discussion is why TQ is more important) Pretty much any response to myself was offensive and from the list above. I then responded to a post saying that it was "Ignorant" to those that think the Hellcat would be priced at $55k MSRP I then received a temporary ban and an infraction. Fair warning Challenger forums are a horrible boys club supported by EXTREMELY INFLATED EGOS. I couldn't believe by having a different opinion and being attacked by numerous people that I would receive a temp ban....I guess ChallengerTalk is turning into Camaro5...

Anyways I am 100% glad I'm getting back into a Mustang. The EcoBoost/5.0 advancements and the overall 2015 upgrades has me seeing that Ford does care about advancing the brand. Yeah we can bicker and get edgy at times on the forums but the unity and brotherhood is much tighter then the Elitism between Challenger owners. :ford:Live long Blue Oval!!
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've seen "elitist attitude" on numerous car forums, even Mustang-only models. The Hellcat is an impressive statement in the big horsepower game. Living day-to-day with it, along with pricing and other factors, obviously could be a different story.

I appreciate that car for what it is, but the Mustang is more attractive to me for other reasons.

Someone had to make a business case for that car, so even if it seems like a waste, likely it was affordable at a corporate level and a market existed or it wouldn't have gotten funded.

That all said, in my years as a Mustang owner since 1995, I've seen nothing but continuous improvements and commitment to the car, despite the volume decreases in that time. I think Ford as a company knows what they've got, they did their homework on this new car, and hopefully it will be well received and improved as time passes.

Answering to the many people who have bought over 9 million of your cars over 50 years will do that, I think!

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yeah they fully banned me by making up more infractions.

Abusing the reporting system for reporting someone for harassment and foul language both things they highly dislike but I guess in this case since I'm a future Mustang owner they could make an exception.

The most pathetic thing is most of the Mods and Admins on CT are 50-60 and they act like Gods Gift behind a keyboard. Cowards, I guess Jeffery W Jazbec is too much of a coward to talk to me so he silenced me. Good Riddance like I said I always hated the boys club feeling on those forums.

If your young your an idiot. If you don't buy a SRT8 you must be a girl and poor. If you buy a manual you must not care about performance. If you don't drive a Challenger your a "Commoner" yes I was actually called a "commoner"

Oh well.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'll make sure I lurk over there when they drop the price on the Hellcat. I think its cool and all but they are going to have their heads explode when the price starts in the $70's somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised to see $80K with any options and the GG tax.

Frankly I just wish Dodge would release pricing on the RT Scat Pack and SRT8 models. Would help me making up my mind.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'll make sure I lurk over there when they drop the price on the Hellcat. I think its cool and all but they are going to have their heads explode when the price starts in the $70's somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised to see $80K with any options and the GG tax.

Frankly I just wish Dodge would release pricing on the RT Scat Pack and SRT8 models. Would help me making up my mind.
Well if they follow 2014. A 2014 Challenger R/T Shaker (Scat pack will be more) has an MSRP including Destination of 38,490! Then optioned out add $4,980 (Manual) or $6,230 (Automatic) your looking at $43470 (Manual) or $44720 (Automatic) For the Mid Range model with a 7 year old motor...Hence why I'm upset the Hellcat was made. Slapping on a Shaker, Charger interior and new front and rear clip does not justify the price. Especially when you can get a Fully optioned all new 2015 Mustang GT Premium for that price.

2014 SRT8 (Which according to Ford the new 5.0 will outperform)
MSRP w/ Destination = $45680
Options w/ Manual = $6,230
Options w/ Automatic = $7430
Final Manual = $51,910
Final Auto = $53,110

The Hellcat will be no less than $65k :headbonk: Just look at the 2014 GT Premium MSRP ($35K) vs the 2014 GT500 MSRP ($55K) and they tout its more machine then the GT500.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Well if they follow 2014. A 2014 Challenger R/T Shaker (Scat pack will be more) has an MSRP including Destination of 38,490! Then optioned out add $4,980 (Manual) or $6,230 (Automatic) your looking at $43470 (Manual) or $44720 (Automatic) For the Mid Range model with a 7 year old motor...Hence why I'm upset the Hellcat was made. Slapping on a Shaker, Charger interior and new front and rear clip does not justify the price. Especially when you can get a Fully optioned all new 2015 Mustang GT Premium for that price.

2014 SRT8 (Which according to Ford the new 5.0 will outperform)
MSRP w/ Destination = $45680
Options w/ Manual = $6,230
Options w/ Automatic = $7430
Final Manual = $51,910
Final Auto = $53,110

The Hellcat will be no less than $65k :headbonk: Just look at the 2014 GT Premium MSRP ($35K) vs the 2014 GT500 MSRP ($55K) and they tout its more machine then the GT500.
I could see the base MSRP of the Hellcat coming in at say around $66,995. The thing is Dodge will announce that price but they won't mention that it will also have a $2300 gas guzzler tax and $1000 destination on top of that, that everyone has to pay. So realistically that would be $70,295 to start. Then if you want the automatic you'll have to pay $1300 more. If you want a sunroof you'll pay $800 more and so on. Just a couple of options will add thousands to that base MSRP. I could see a fully optioned Hellcat hitting $80K.

Dodge knows that sales will be limited but they will sell every one of them. They won't price this low.

And yes I'm not holding my breath on the pricing of the 6.4 Hemi RT Scat Pack. I figure it will probably be the same price as the "older" SRT8 model which means I will pass on it.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Looks like a member in the know has hinted at a base price of $59,990 for the Hellcat.

Again there will be a $2000 gas guzzler fee and $1000 destination fee so real MSRP would be $63,000. Still if true I'm not sure why anyone would buy a Camaro ZL1 from this point on with "only" 580 HP at about the same price point.

That is if this piece of information is true.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Looks like a member in the know has hinted at a base price of $59,990 for the Hellcat.

Again there will be a $2000 gas guzzler fee and $1000 destination fee so real MSRP would be $63,000. Still if true I'm not sure why anyone would buy a Camaro ZL1 from this point on with "only" 580 HP at about the same price point.

That is if this piece of information is true.
Plus auto....almost $65k....way to much for a Challenger with Body panels, chassis and paint that hasn't changed since 08...no thanks. I'd rather drop the 2.9l on the new 5.0 and be hitting 700 with that. Just My .02

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Plus auto....almost $65k....way to much for a Challenger with Body panels, chassis and paint that hasn't changed since 08...no thanks. I'd rather drop the 2.9l on the new 5.0 and be hitting 700 with that. Just My .02
I'd go the blower route as well.

And yes an automatic Hellcat will MSRP for around $65,000 with NO options. They keep totally ignoring GG tax and Destination over on that site. The 707 HP has scrambled their brains.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Well you can order a 2015 Challenger but no pricing.

I've been hard on Ford for not releasing HP/TQ figures but not releasing pricing and letting people order is a travesty. Must be a lot of extra money floating around in the Challenger community. I'm not surprised.

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
I had never been on challenger talk until I saw this thread but I went over and checked it out last night. What's funny is that they are all soooo happy because someone told them that the 5.0 is maxed out and has no horsepower left to give in NA form. Some of them are using it to offset the challenger's weight because of the potential of the 392 and the mustang having nothing left to give. A few guys seem to get it but not the majority. I really wanted to register just to get in on that discussion but figured they would just ban me in a few hours like they did you haha.

OP
OP
Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I had never been on challenger talk until I saw this thread but I went over and checked it out last night. What's funny is that they are all soooo happy because someone told them that the 5.0 is maxed out and has no horsepower left to give in NA form. Some of them are using it to offset the challenger's weight because of the potential of the 392 and the mustang having nothing left to give. A few guys seem to get it but not the majority. I really wanted to register just to get in on that discussion but figured they would just ban me in a few hours like they did you haha.
Sad thing I was a very active member with 1200 posts in 2 years and constantly helping others. They turn their backs quick.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
I've read some spec. variances regarding the width... the height and ground clearance. Of note: The Hellcat is apparently taller, but also has less ground clearance.

Anyway, if I felt like I had space and cash to throw out for 1, I'd order the Hellcat. It will be FAR more valuable later, than nearly any car made during the 5yrs either direction around it, for sure.
Sponsored