Sponsored

WeritoK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015 PP Silver
Does anybody here could name an aftermarket exhaust configuration for the Mustang GT 2015 that could be closest in sound to the GT350R???
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Does anybody here could name an aftermarket exhaust configuration for the Mustang GT 2015 that could be closest in sound to the GT350R???

That would be tough being that they have different engines/firing orders. I would start with longtube headers and go from there. With an x-pipe the standard Coyote can sound very exotic already.

WeritoK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be tough being that they have different engines/firing orders. I would start with longtube headers and go from there. With an x-pipe the standard Coyote can sound very exotic already.
I already installed the MAGNAFLOW COMPETITION CAT BACK, it's top notch but nowhere near the 350R's I think imy cat back has the lowest tone :( maybe if I add some other axle back mufflers?

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
Like Grimace said, its going to be almost impossible to duplicate the exact sound since the 5.2 is a FPC and the 5.0 is a CPC. Longtube headers definitely give modular engines a more "raspy" tone and may get you closer to what you're looking for. I'm sure there's plenty of videos on youtube of 5.0's with longtube headers to give you a better idea of what it would sound like.

I'll have to wait and see what the GT350 sounds like in person, but I may be tempted to give mine the R exhaust treatment, a la resonator removal. Unlike some people, evidently, I would actually prefer that mine sound like a Ferrari.

WeritoK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like Grimace said, its going to be almost impossible to duplicate the exact sound since the 5.2 is a FPC and the 5.0 is a CPC. Longtube headers definitely give modular engines a more "raspy" tone and may get you closer to what you're looking for. I'm sure there's plenty of videos on youtube of 5.0's with longtube headers to give you a better idea of what it would sound like.

I'll have to wait and see what the GT350 sounds like in person, but I may be tempted to give mine the R exhaust treatment, a la resonator removal. Unlike some people, evidently, I would actually prefer that mine sound like a Ferrari.

What do you mean by "R exhaust treatment"?? I know I don't longer have a resonator because of the magnaflow competition cat back but sound is really deep now, every single person tells me it sound awesome but I just need something as close as the 350R or the new Ford GT. Exactly as you say, I want mine to sound more like a Ferrari... I can't believe I might have to buy another cat back system!!!! What can I do? I was thinking maybe if I buy some other axle back system and just cut the magnaflow and install the former??? I'm in hell

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sponsored

Doc Holliday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500
What do you mean by "R exhaust treatment"??
According to what little information we have thus far, the main difference between the exhaust on the GT350 and the GT350R is that they removed the resonators on the GT350R. Thus, if you wanted a GT350 to sound like a GT350R, theoretically all you might have to do is remove the resonators.

None of that applies to the 5.0 in your 2015. Like Grimace and myself said, the engine in your car is very different from the engine in these, so they are going to sound very different. Another catback system won't make it sound like a GT350R.

WeritoK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This post jut came up on Instagram, it is exactly what I want for my 2015! Thing is, owner won't say what exhaust setup he has!!! Anyone here take a guess????

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc

I'm guessing ... but my take is ....if you install a true-x crossover mid and drop the cats..... you'll get pretty damn close to the sound of the FPC.

I did this on my Coyote. And its has a very euro-like raspy tone to it. I love it.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm guessing ... but my take is ....if you install a true-x crossover mid and drop the cats..... you'll get pretty damn close to the sound of the FPC.

I did this on my Coyote. And its has a very euro-like raspy tone to it. I love it.

A coyote with longtubes is very exotic sounding indeed. It can sound similar to the GT350, but getting it to match exactly will be tough especially since not many people on this forum has actually heard the Voodoo with their own ears.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Imagine one of these with long tube headers, x-pipe, and a quality catback! It would be insane!
A little TOO insane for me, me thinks... I'd probably stick with the stock sound. It's beautiful and loud enough as it is.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Sound of GT350
[ame]

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I think it sound like the pulses are evenly spaced and all the pulses have the same dynamics. There is no lope or rhythm. Like your typical V8 goes boom pop pop boom pop pop. The GT350 is more pop pop pop pop. Almost like you can hear it alternate from one side to the other. Years ago on many race cars they used to run a header system called 180degree headers. It had two pipes from the right side connected to two pipes from the left side same on the other side. That gave an even firing order at the end of the exhaust and allowed for better scavenging. It was typically only seen on mid engined cars do to the packaging. The original Ford GT40s had that arrangement as did many others back then.

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302