Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Took a road trip up to Gatlinburg from FL. Pretty fun trip. Got a pretty solid 26 mpg on the highway at 82mph (cruise control set) with windows down as long as it wasn't raining too hard. With JLT intake inlet air temp pretty much stayed at just 4 degree's higher than outside air temps.

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Is that 26mpg by the computer or manually calculated? I have gotten 27mpg on trips by the computer and 26 manually calculated. No too bad for a car with 435hp:headbang:

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Nice! I took mine to Destin, FL and got 24mpg roundtrip according to the car. I took the back highways to avoid Atlanta traffic so a lot of it was 35-45-65-35-65 mph through the small towns along the way. The only thing I've done (so far) is catback exhaust.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Just a comment about the air intake, even stock is only 3 or 4 above outside Temps. Ford did a good job with the air on these cars.

Sponsored

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
Although the speed limits are 75+ on some parts of the interstate here in FL, I only go around 65 and that's max because I feel like it's putting strain on my engine if I go any faster. Can someone sit here and try to persuade me to stop thinking that because my timing to places is terrible because of my slow interstate driving, lol. I wish I could flow with everyone going 80-85, but can't get myself to do it because I feel like my car hates it.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
Although the speed limits are 75+ on some parts of the interstate here in FL, I only go around 65 and that's max because I feel like it's putting strain on my engine if I go any faster. Can someone sit here and try to persuade me to stop thinking that because my timing to places is terrible because of my slow interstate driving, lol. I wish I could flow with everyone going 80-85, but can't get myself to do it because I feel like my car hates it.
Listen, absolutely nothing will happen to your car if you go faster. Your car is made for much higher speeds. Don't drive it like a grandma.

Just do it man. Go with the flow. But be safe.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Your car is capable of triple digits speeds without any worry in the world. You won't hurt anything but your MPG.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Honestly, with my 3.31 gearing, I saw the best MPG results right at that 82 mark. With a 10 hour drive I played around with it a lot, slightly less and I got a little bit less, same with slightly higher speed. For me personally, my setup, 82mph was my sweet spot.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Also your car will love you if you take her faster. Seriously break her in, let her scream some. I just hit 6k miles and mine feels better than ever, more broken in then ever before after my road trip. And I may or may not have hit 160mph once or twice when I was alone on the road.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Not only will doing 85 absolutely not damage your car, you're far more likely to have an accident when you're doing 20 under the flow of traffic.
Sponsored