jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I am heading on a road trip today, around 5000 kms in 8 days. The recaros are a concern, the first leg of the trip is Victoria BC, Canada to Los Angeles in one go, 20 hrs.
I was very worried about it also, I truly believe they were nicest seats I've drove on for posture and comfort. Would like to know what you think once you hit LA.
Sponsored

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Late last October, less than a month after I bought the car, I took a solo trip from Raleigh to Boone, NC so I could drive up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have 3.31 gears and while traveling between 60-75mph, I got about 25 or 26mpg for the trip out there. Considerably less once I finally hit the BRP though. That is a fantastic drive in the fall that every Mustang owner should experience if they can.

Being a "Grand Touring" car, the Mustang is well-suited for these types of trips, and the leather seats were neither too stiff, nor too soft for the ride. Even though I can go 350+ highway miles on a tank, I did find myself wanting to hit a gas station or rest stop once or twice during the 185-mile journey. Sitting perfectly still for three hours is tough no matter what vehicle you're in if you ask me.

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, '21 330i (Wifemobile)
Whats the fastest you went?
The speed limit on the Blue Ridge Parkway is either 35 or 45mph, depending on what section you're driving. From what I've read, it used to be higher or at least a consistent 45mph limit, but I guess there were too many incidents where drivers went off the road when taking a turn too fast. I don't recall ever going faster than 50 or so officially, but I will say that on some of those curves, if you go off the road, you'll never be heard from again. In some spots, the drop is several hundred feet straight down and many turns don't have guard rails to save you.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Gotta tell you that trip through the Tennessee/Kentucky mountain range was unbelievable. Hitting those turns ( keeping up with traffic) is the exuse I'm using. Just a great time!!

Sponsored

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
These cars are great on the road...I get up to 27 MPG out of my GT on long trips and that's usually running 70-75 mph.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Well 19 hours and 39 minutes of driving time and we made it to Hollywood. Once I removed my wallet, I agree, the recaro seats are good. I have to drive to Phoenix and then back home through Vegas. I will report mileage and pics

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Very nice

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Long Trips are a piece of cake

I am in the middle of my first long trip. St Petersburg to Houston and back. Looking forward to the return to Florida. As expected the car was great, I drive a bit faster than some of you and didn't see the 23 mpg. But at 78mph I did;t really expect to. While here in Houston my aFe dry air filter arrived. I will evaluate that on the trip home in a couple days. Maybe it will help with mileage. Anyway the car is great all features work as expected but the Adaptive cruise is not going to raise gas mileage. It does make it easier to drive long distances but it is so subtle that you forget it can decrease your speed to match cars ahead of you. Then when you decide to go around them it accelerates, that is using more gas than you would have in normal cruise mode.

I agree though that the wallet must come out of the back pocket before you can be comfortable, and I have the regular leather seats. I guess its just a guy thing to get in the car and try to sit on a block under one hip.

Now if the flood waters would just recede long enough for me to get out of Texas and into Louisiana I'll be good to go.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Who cares about MPG, if your having fun!! Not many of us bought it for gas mileage. We bought it for HP and thrills!