Sponsored

SOLVED: Dead clutch pedal. Cant change gear.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at the picture in the first post. The hydraulic system which is 7A453 can go bad. So this issue can be caused from a defective pedal hydraulic system or the slave cylinder/TOB. Either could be the issue so I guess if it’s covered then why not replace both.

I think you're missing the point of what the pedal does.

Lets change the subject, casue the next thing I going to mention. Uses the exact same type of components and operation to preform a different operation.

And what might that be ? Sitting in the car slide you foot over the the next pedal on the right.......... its name the brakes.

MC goes bad the MC is changed, like I said you do not change the wheel and tire to fix a flat
Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
That hydraulic system is part
And what might that be ? Sitting in the car slide you foot over the the next pedal on the right.......... its name the brakes.

MC goes bad the MC is changed, like I said you do not change the wheel and tire to fix a flat
I get this. We agreed in your initial replies on this thread what could be the issue. I will say the spring doesn't have anything to do with this because I had the spring on the pedal. I even switched between OEM and Steeda spring to fix the issue of a failing clutch pedal.

I think we are saying similar things but just so I understand...why change the entire pedal assembly when the clutch "mini MC" (as you Calle dit in your previous posts)is the issue?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok uncle ... LOL

Have a set of Mustang service manuals on order. Going to get a better look at this. The drawing must be missing something.

I guess it could be possible that the internals have failed. Allowing the fluid to bypass the seal or a check valve .

Just cannot wrap my head around the fact a return spring is not returning the pedal home.

Cheers,

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you look at the picture in the first post. The hydraulic system which is 7A453 can go bad.
That's the clutch master cylinder. Admittedly the clutch pedal and bracket must be removed to get to it, but frankly I don't see why they should be replaced.
Sure, the clutch master cylinder can go bad, no doubt about that. If that's what you mean by 'pedal assembly', then it's all clear.

What I do not get is why the peddle would be staying on the floor, there should be a return spring, to force, assist it to home position.
I believe the only thing that brings the pedal back is the hydraulic pressure. The spring only comes into play when the pedal is already up, pushing it a bit to ensure that it doesn't rest on the master cylinder.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
That's the clutch master cylinder. Admittedly the clutch pedal and bracket must be removed to get to it, but frankly I don't see why they should be replaced.
Sure, the clutch master cylinder can go bad, no doubt about that. If that's what you mean by 'pedal assembly', then it's all clear.
lol exactly. I guess it’s easier to change out when you just order the entire assembly (pedals included) instead of having to take off the existing pedals, remove the clutch cylinder, install the new one, and the install back in car. If I were doing this on my own then of course I would just buy only the clutch cylinder instead.

and I guess just replacing the entire assembly decreases the chances of the tech installing the clutch cylinder wrong on the existing pedals (just a thought)

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No idea why they want to replace the pedal assembly, lol. Everything points to a bad slave cylinder that's leaking or can't build any pressure for some reason. Also no idea why it wouldn't be covered under warranty. Sounds like someone wants to make more money off of you. The clutch disc itself is a wear item, but none of the other stuff is. Customer pay is more lucrative than warranty so maybe they were hoping you would just say yes.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
No idea why they want to replace the pedal assembly, lol. Everything points to a bad slave cylinder that's leaking or can't build any pressure for some reason. Also no idea why it wouldn't be covered under warranty. Sounds like someone wants to make more money off of you. The clutch disc itself is a wear item, but none of the other stuff is. Customer pay is more lucrative than warranty so maybe they were hoping you would just say yes.
the pedal assembly comes with the clutch cylinder. Quicker to replace the entire assembly is my guess.

But I went to another dealership and they said that the hydraulics for the clutch pedal and the TOB are not wear items and should be replaced under warranty. So today I am getting my car towed from dealership A to dealership B. Sad that I have to do that.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Now I have to pay a diagnostic fee at the first dealer for something that should’ve been covered.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the cost for the diag fee, less than the fix ? Do I agree, yes should be part of the warranty. However like everything else today.

Companies going to get something for everything they do. Just like lawyers, they breath you're charged.

They did not charge you for walking over and talking to you did they ? Got a break there LOL

In some silly way I understand it, read some of the post here and there. People taking a car in with a stone in the tire tread.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
What's the cost for the diag fee, less than the fix ? Do I agree, yes should be part of the warranty. However like everything else today.

Companies going to get something for everything they do. Just like lawyers, they breath you're charged.

They did not charge you for walking over and talking to you did they ? Got a break there LOL

In some silly way I understand it, read some of the post here and there. People taking a car in with a stone in the tire tread.
lol I mean it’s not that much but still the fact I have to give anything for something they should cover.

At this point I just want my car back and fixed lol. So let’s just see how long the fix will take at the next dealer.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Wait, so Ford Dealer A said sorry, wear item and we want $2600. Dealer B says warranty claim and your are covered?

Complaint time (after repairs are complete) and get back your fee to Dealer A.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Wait, so Ford Dealer A said sorry, wear item and we want $2600. Dealer B says warranty claim and your are covered?
Yup. Exactly that. Found it strange myself.
But I am part of a local Mustang Facebook group and supposedly Dealer A is known for denying warranty claims. How they get away with that? I don’t know.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Went to Dealer A to get the car and called AAA to have it towed. I got in the car and just figured "what the hell" in an attempt to get it into gear.

Annnnnndddd it went into gear as if there was never a problem. I still took it to Dealer B and told them the issue and showed the video when I couldn't get it into gear. He said they will keep it for a couple of days to replicate the problem.

I just hope they dont say they couldn't find anything wrong and then this happened again next month. it would be just my luck.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Went to Dealer A to get the car and called AAA to have it towed. I got in the car and just figured "what the hell" in an attempt to get it into gear.

Annnnnndddd it went into gear as if there was never a problem. I still took it to Dealer B and told them the issue and showed the video when I couldn't get it into gear. He said they will keep it for a couple of days to replicate the problem.

I just hope they dont say they couldn't find anything wrong and then this happened again next month. it would be just my luck.
Sounds like the problem was air in the line then.
Sponsored