Solo Performance Turbo Back Exhaust Review

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I never thought I would drive a mustang until I rented one purely by chance. It was a 2013 V6 and I fell in love with the power and the sound. I told my wife my next car was going to be a Mustang. It wasn't until 2014 when the new redesign came out and I was, I gotta have that!! I decided to purchase the Ecoboost model because it was more fuel efficient and more powerful than the V6. When I finally got to pick it up from the dealership back in December of 2014, I was so happy, but something was missing.
It was quiet, waaaay too quiet.

Enter in Solo Performance Turbo Back Exhaust. Holy Crap! The car just feels so much more alive compared to the stock. I was extremely lucky to be part of the R&D process, as I was one of the first 2015 Mustangs to have the Solo Performance Exhaust kit. Their exhaust are 100% stainless steel and the tips, oh my lord, they look absolutely beautiful, are made with T304 polished steel with that inner beveled look. The tips are 4.5 inches and they fill the stock valance very nicely. The OEM entire stock exhaust is extremely heavy, and weighs almost twice as much as the Solo Turbo Back kit. (Not sure the exact weights)

Driving it for the very first time, I was just blown away how much of a difference it felt. I swear it felt like they added 4 more cylinders in my engine. It has that V8 flavor and sounds unlike any other 4 cylinder exhaust on the market (IMHO). I think the main reason why it sounds so good is because they have a unique 55 degree angled resonators that eliminate the "bad" sounds in the RPM range. If you've heard Honda Civics exhaust you know exactly what I'm talking about. The car itself felt much more responsive, probably due to the 200 cell high flow cats. The OEM stock Cats and "suitcase" resonator was extremely restrictive, and this kit just opens it up and allows it to flow much more freely. Also the ugly stock mufflers and the tips (my god, what was Ford thinking), had 6 bends from the Y. Why so many unnecessary bends? Were they getting paid by the bends? (lol). The solo kit only has 3 bends from the Y which give it a much more freely flowing path.

I have been driving it for a while now. Its loud and quiet hen I want it to be. Under 2K RPM, its quiet, during idle and cruising, absolutely no drone. When I punch it, after 2K RPM, thats when it comes alive. Now thats what a muscle car is supposed to sound like!

I have been to several Mustang local meet ups and I have sampled the exhaust for the people wanting to hear. The number one comment was, "wow thats the best sounding 4 cylinder I ever heard", followed by, theres no way thats a 4 cylinder, go pop the hood, lets see. I have also been compared to Borla Cat Back for the Ecoboost as well, and everyone who has heard the two agrees that the solo one sounded better. The solo exhaust produced a much more deeper and rich sound compared to other 3rd party exhaust kits on the market. The videos on-line do not do it any justice, it sounds way better in person.

So far, 12,000 KMS later, I have had absolutely no problems with this kit and I love it. The guys at Solo Performance were extremely friendly and were able to answer any questions I had. Their customer service is absolutely impeccable and they take pride in it.

Here are some pics of the install, please excuse my dirty car :lol:

I have made this video myself, once again the sounds in the video do not do any justice, must be heard in person to get the true sound.

[ame]

If you are in the market for an exhaust for your Ecoboost, I highly recommend the Solo Performance Turbo Back Exhaust Kit.

There is a group buy that expires soon, please see this thread
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34759
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I have the TB kit, also, and I get complements on it all the time, too. The tone is so deep.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
It's hard to judge the sound of a exhaust from sound clips...but compared to other exhaust clips it did sound pretty cool. Thanks for posting!

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi OpenSesame, thanks so much for posting and for all the kind words. Jeff told me how great all you guys were during the R&D process and how much help you were in getting the product right. On behalf of myself and all the Solo team thank you very much! Couldn't have done it without you!

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Any other reviews of this system? I am close to purchasing an exhaust and I am between this and the magna flow street.

Sponsored

OP
OP

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Any other reviews of this system? I am close to purchasing an exhaust and I am between this and the magna flow street.

I can almost guarantee you'll be very happy with solo. Their customer service is the only thing that's better than their Already awesome products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
If I went turbo back is their down pipe as good as say the cp-e? That's seems to be one of the best at the moment. Any gains will come from the down pipe correct? So if I get one I want a good one. Full solo turbo back would come in cheaper than catback and cp-e.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
What kind of HP gains can we expect with your turbo back kit?

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Thanks, with tune, more than 30?