Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
OK, no problem. We will warranty your muffler and send you a return box to send that one back in. We inspect them just to make sure they were not defective or tampered with. Unfortunately a few bad apples in the past made this necessary.

Please email me at [email protected] with your information so we can check in our system and get the new one out to you with the return label.

Steve
Thanks Steve! I'll email you right now. You're the man! :headbang:
Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Has anyone ran a solo catback with the mak cat delete offroad pipes? I ordered mine and am running the thunder right now. Can't wait as I'm thinking it's going to sound badass.

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
Anyone notice that when it's cold out, in the 20s and below their Mach Thunder is much quieter? It used to be borderline hurting my ears. Now it's way quieter. Maybe I just lost some of my hearing from the month of driving it lol
I did also disconnect my sound tube up front maybe that caused it?

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Anyone notice that when it's cold out, in the 20s and below their Mach Thunder is much quieter? It used to be borderline hurting my ears. Now it's way quieter. Maybe I just lost some of my hearing from the month of driving it lol
No, I noticed it too on my XV. First winter with it, and it's the first time it's been ridiculously cold here (high of like 22). Especially on starts. Normally with my remote start I can hear it rumble up from my house as well as my office building. Today before leaving for work and going home I still heard it, but was actually worried because the sound was off. I think it's just the whole system isn't warmed up yet.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No, I noticed it too on my XV. First winter with it, and it's the first time it's been ridiculously cold here (high of like 22). Especially on starts. Normally with my remote start I can hear it rumble up from my house as well as my office building. Today before leaving for work and going home I still heard it, but was actually worried because the sound was off. I think it's just the whole system isn't warmed up yet.
I've noticed it with my MachXV. I think it just has something to do with cold air not transmitting sound like warm air.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've noticed it with my MachXV. I think it just has something to do with cold air not transmitting sound like warm air.

This is interesting, I've noticed that it's not only quieter, but I have also been getting drone from 1800 - 2000 RPMS, roughly 65-70 MPH. It's bad enough that I was going to consider taking it to a shop, but now I'm wondering if it has more to do with the weather than the exhaust.

I'm in the DC area, we've had temperatures in the mid-teens to mid-twenties the last week. It will warm up later on this week though, so I'll know for sure then.

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
I actually like it the way it is now. Interior noise is down a huge amount even though I have a convertible.
But if I open my window when I go under an overpass or through a tunnel it's just as loud as I remember hearing it before and tad bit less burbly.

It also stays this way even when the car is at operating temps and have been driving for about 30 miles on the highway.

5.0onBoard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GTPPP
Anyone have the link to purchase new mufflers for the exhaust. I have the Mach XV but I think I want it to be a bit louder and run the Mach Thunder for a while.

Or if anyone has one for sale or looking to swap.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whippled '20 Mustang GT PP2
Anyone have the link to purchase new mufflers for the exhaust. I have the Mach XV but I think I want it to be a bit louder and run the Mach Thunder for a while.

Or if anyone has one for sale or looking to swap.
If you were in GA Id swap with you

Sponsored

Stang215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 gt
Few could stand how loud that is. Street race with cats is extremely loud. I've heard it with catless long tubes and it's ear bleeding.
I have the street race and love it and if the MAK cat deletes will wake it up more and still sound good I want it