Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Camp6329

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks, went with the Mach XV catback figured I could swap out the midsection if I ever wanted to go louder.
Sponsored

Last edited:

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Awesome to see these deals. If I could go back, I would have gotten the Thunder Catback. I currently have the Axleback, and while I'm happy with it, I would really like just a bit more volume on the low end through WOT.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Awesome to see these deals. If I could go back, I would have gotten the Thunder Catback. I currently have the Axleback, and while I'm happy with it, I would really like just a bit more volume on the low end through WOT.
Sell me your axle-back and get what your heart desires. :D

Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Throw her into the deal, sure!
Hahaha. If you were close by I would consider it, but I think I'm going to try to hold off. I have a list of things to handle before I buy another exhaust

TC's 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | CO | PP | 401a
Ordered mine (Mach thunder)yesterday morning.....just got notification that it was delivered this afternoon!!!!

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Ordered mine (Mach thunder)yesterday morning.....just got notification that it was delivered this afternoon!!!!
Damn that was fast. I am torn between the Thunder or the Street, not sure yet....

TC's 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | CO | PP | 401a
I am gonna say street but you can always change out the mid pipe.
I read through all 100 pages of this thread and probably changed my mind a dozen times........if my wife complains then I can change the mid as well!

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Few quick questions I wasn't able to find the answer to :

- How does Mach XV compare to stock GT exhaust with x-pipe (resonator delete) in terms of loudness ?
- How much is the Mach XV and Thunder muffler (the switchable piece) if I decide that Mach XV is too quiet or Thunder is too loud ? Wasn't able to find on the website...
- Anybody compared Thunder to Borla S-type (loudness again) ?
- Weight of Mach XV vs. Mach Thunder (should be just the difference in the muffler weight) ?

That's probably it - thanks in advance for answers. I am buying one of the two, just can't quite decide which one. My goal is - little louder than stock with x-pipe, not too loud / obnoxious but can go for a louder one if weight difference is worth it.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT

- How does Mach XV compare to stock GT exhaust with x-pipe (resonator delete) in terms of loudness ?
- How much is the Mach XV and Thunder muffler (the switchable piece) if I decide that Mach XV is too quiet or Thunder is too loud ? Wasn't able to find on the website...
- Weight of Mach XV vs. Mach Thunder (should be just the difference in the muffler weight) ?

That's probably it - thanks in advance for answers. I am buying one of the two, just can't quite decide which one. My goal is - little louder than stock with x-pipe, not too loud / obnoxious but can go for a louder one if weight difference is worth it.
Mach XV and be done with it :headbang:

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium

Well I've read this thread many times in my quest for my exhaust and can provide the following

Q1 - not sure, but I would guess the Mach XV to be louder.

Q2 - I believe it was quoted here as $325

Q3 - Thunder is more comparable to Borla Atak The Mach XV is comparable to the S

Q4 - don't know the weight difference but the muffler is 11" on the Thunder verses 18" on the machXV so I wouldn't guess that much.

Hope that helps. Just installed my Mach XV and want to drive it a bit before reviewing but it has presence and I wouldn't call it quiet but not obnoxiously loud either. Just right for me. Good luck

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: kz

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Anyone with a Solo exhaust having issues with the exhaust touching the Sway Bar? We had it up on a lift and tried adjusting it. It seemed to fix it temporarily, but now it seems to be touching again. It causes an annoying rattle sound at idle and at low speeds.

Here's a pic of the damage thus far. Click it for the full res version.
Sponsored