Sponsored

SOLD: 2015 Mustang GT Premium W/PP

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
My story is very similar to the OP, except I had an ST that I bought in October 2012. I used to have a short commute but moved to the 'burbs. The stop and go traffic that I contend0 with now everyday was very tiring - I figured I shifted about 300-500 times a day. I wanted to get out of my standard and into an automatic. The only Fords that made sense to me was either a nicely equipped F150 or the Mustang. Turns out the Mustang was cheaper and I wanted it more anyway. lol
Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I love my Auto GT!! Its a fast comfy cruiser, and I am over 50 also...it's just right!

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
Makes me happy I did not make the same mistake. I was soooo close to a 6-speed for the same reasons, but ended up going automatic. Glad you could afford your dream.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Good on ya, mate. Get whatcha want, life is short.

I still love manuals and the clutch/shifter on the S550's is much nicer than on my 2010. But, I'm with you on the exhaust. The new ones are kinda quiet on the outside but from my several-hour test rides, they sound sooo good inside...which is where I am when I'm driving. :D

I may do a resonator-delete...we'll see.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Congrats man big time I made the wrong choice thinking sheesh a mustang in an auto is for girls. Now I wish I would have been a girl I HATE this gearbox. This is by far one I'd the worst transmissions I have ever drove including farm equipment lol

vr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra
blasphemy imo. autos back then weren't nearly as good.
Back then it was a good auto box. Today it's meh but done right it's great. There's a guy local that runs dead consistent 11.2s with an auto supra and has been doing it for years. I don't think I've ever seen the car have an issue.

Knowing how good these new autos are I've considered it but just can't bring myself to let go of the 3rd pedal. My Lincoln and explorer are autos. Granted my cobra isn't I just can't do an automatic mustang

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Congrats man big time I made the wrong choice thinking sheesh a mustang in an auto is for girls. Now I wish I would have been a girl I HATE this gearbox. This is by far one I'd the worst transmissions I have ever drove including farm equipment lol
The Getrag trans is garbage. The automatic is pretty much bullet proof, the Getrag not so much. I know a guy that has a Boss Laguna Seca that's had the trans rebuilt three times already. I owned a 13 GT Premium and the trans went at 1000 miles. The car was transferred from one dealer to the dealer I bought it at and had over 200 miles on it when I bought it. I think it was abused a little before I got it.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Discounting reliability what do you find so bad about the MT-82? In the S550's, I think it is a very nice unit.

BTW, Bruce Jenner also wishes he would have been a girl. :lol:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Female here, lifelong manual driver. News flash: Autos aren't 'girly'; plenty of ladies have always driven stick and there are lots of guys on here learning stick just because of this car. Says something. The stigma needs to die a horrible death. Manuals are fun, but, as previously mentioned, AT is comfy.

Know what else is comfy? Premium interior. I don't see guys catching hell for buying that :D :cheers:

Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Know what else is comfy? Premium interior. I don't see guys catching hell for buying that :D :cheers:
I didn't. ;)

I would have bought an AT if I was going to drive it in traffic. Nothing wrong with the auto - I had a great time with one in my '03 convertible.

To the OP ... Glad you got a decent trade/price on yours and enjoy your new Mustang!!

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I didn't. ;)
Assuming all are males, at least 5 have bought the Premium package on this thread alone.

OP...enjoy your new ride :)
:cheers:

TypeTridoron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Impala SS
The stigma needs to die a horrible death.
Agreed there. Though I just hope the manual transmission itself doesn't do the same here in the States! :eyebulge:

My Impala is an auto, and I couldn't ask for much more with a DD, but before I had it I had a Pontiac Firebird with the ol' Borg-Warner 6-speed manual and damn I just miss rowing them gears. :headbang:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Agreed there. Though I just hope the manual transmission itself doesn't do the same here in the States! :eyebulge:
I don't think there is reason for any of us to worry until those self-driving cars are seen all over the place. :eek:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Congrats. I may do the exact opposite as you in 3-4 years. I have the auto in my GT, and it's the one thing I hate about this car. Coming from other performance cars, this is a terrible automatic transmission. For everyday driving, it's just plain okay. When you want to have fun, or take the car to a track, I feel the shifts are just too slow.
Sponsored