Sponsored

Software/hardware for coding the vehicle?

los1223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, this is what I'm talking about :)
Looking on the link - it's done "ugly" comparing to Audi or to the Bimmer, but at least this is something.
For the pony I would like to add window open/close from the keyfob, fog lights to stay on with the high beam (cannot understand why the heck in the US fog lights turns off when high beam is on - what the practical reason for this?).
You can open/close the windows from the keyfob. I think you just hold the unlock button to open, hold the lock button to close. It's called "global window". You can probably search that if you need more info.

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
Yes, this is what I'm talking about :)
Looking on the link - it's done "ugly" comparing to Audi or to the Bimmer, but at least this is something.
For the pony I would like to add window open/close from the keyfob, fog lights to stay on with the high beam (cannot understand why the heck in the US fog lights turns off when high beam is on - what the practical reason for this?).
Most states have laws that say you can't have more than 4 forward facing lights used use for "seeing" therefore they kill the fogs. Many cars leave the lows on with the highs. I don't have a mustang so not sure if this is the case with them.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Did anyone figure anything out with this? For me, I'd love to do a couple of things (if possible) with the programming:

1. Disable turning off fog lights with turn signals. For the love of God, why is this necessary??
This was intentional, since the fog lights are so close to the signals, they want to ensure the signal indicator was clearly visible.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
You can open/close the windows from the keyfob. I think you just hold the unlock button to open, hold the lock button to close. It's called "global window". You can probably search that if you need more info.
You can OPEN the windows from the fob, but can not close them with it.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
This was intentional, since the fog lights are so close to the signals, they want to ensure the signal indicator was clearly visible.
I know it is intentional, but doesn't mean it isn't dumb :p

I have had plenty of cars (my Subaru I have now is like this) and can point some out today even that have the turn signals built into the same housing as the headlights, and that has never been an issue. I can "sort of" understand the cars that turn off the DRLs when the turn signals are on, since DRLs are on during daylight so the visibility of the turn signal isn't as easy in daylight. But fog lights are to be used in dusk, dark, or foggy situations...so it actually seems counter-intuitive to turn off a fog light with the turn signal, and makes no sense considering other cars have their turn signals in the headlight housing.
Sponsored