Sponsored

Software/hardware for coding the vehicle?

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
I'm fairly new to the modern Fords.
Just curious if there is existing software / hardware tools for coding the mustangs?

I have BMW and I had Audi what I was able to code myself using my laptop and necessary interface for the options that I needed (e.g. Opening and closing windows from the remote key, converting fog lights into the cornering lights, closing the mirrors from the remote, closing the trunk from the button inside etc.). It is a matter of available options that been programmed by the manufacturer of course.
Sponsored

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
Ok, obviously nobody knows about the coding thing. What about the diagnostics then? Software/hardware to retrieve the codes, engine live data, running test procedures, etc?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Ok, obviously nobody knows about the coding thing. What about the diagnostics then? Software/hardware to retrieve the codes, engine live data, running test procedures, etc?
Not much help on the coding stuff, but for pulling diagnostic codes there are a number of bluetooth dongles you can plug into the OBD port and get the info on your phone. Or if you have an Ecoboost you could use the Cobb AP and monitor all kinds of live data from the engine as well as datalog it.

I know the SCT X4 will datalog too, but not sure about real time monitoring.

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I don't know the answer to this question but I am subscribing in case someone comes along with the answer. I'd love to access to the SYNC source code. I'm guessing it's written in C# but I really haven't found any information on it.

drewfis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Ecoboost Performance Pack
Yeah I'm very interested in this as well...apparently Ford released a software sdk a few years ago, not sure if that's applicable to our 2015's....take look at this link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/783767/microsoft-ford-sync-sdk

With the available SYNC API's, mobile application developers will be able to do some of the following:

1. Create a voice UI for your application using the in-vehicle speech recognition system.
  2. Write information to the radio head display or in-vehicle touchscreen
  3. Speak text using text-to-speech engine.
  4. Use the in-vehicle menu system to provide commands or options for your mobile application
  5. Get button presses from the radio and steering wheel controls.
  6. Receive vehicle data (speed, GPS location, fuel economy, etc.)
It seems an electronic speedo/boost gauge may be plausible....at least from a dedicated mobile app...

If any fellow 6G software engineers are interested in hacking into our car we should organize and at least run a feasibility analysis. I'll do some more research this weekend, maybe throw together a google doc

Sponsored

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
interested in this also. C# developer here willing to help if needed

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I only know java, c++, and vb... but i can learn c# for this if needed

OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
The Ford Focus guys have a software package they use to reprogram aspects of their cars. You might want to check it out on their website.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-...app-built-editor-all-around-reprogrammer.html
Yes, this is what I'm talking about :)
Looking on the link - it's done "ugly" comparing to Audi or to the Bimmer, but at least this is something.
For the pony I would like to add window open/close from the keyfob, fog lights to stay on with the high beam (cannot understand why the heck in the US fog lights turns off when high beam is on - what the practical reason for this?).

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
this is due to the conditions that you need fog lights for, like fog, high beams are mostly horrible for

Sponsored
OP
OP

HETPE3B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony
this is due to the conditions that you need fog lights for, like fog, high beams are mostly horrible for

Does it mean that US residents got the different road conditions or visual health conditions than the rest of the world? :) Just kidding.

I don'k know anybody using high beam in the fog, but I would like to use the fog lights when there is no fog when I drive alone in the "forest road" as a cornering (or curb) lights along with high beam. I guess this is much more common than a foggy condition in this country.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Did anyone figure anything out with this? For me, I'd love to do a couple of things (if possible) with the programming:

1. Disable turning off fog lights with turn signals. For the love of God, why is this necessary??

2. Enable auto-up Windows for the convertible. For the love of God, why did Ford rob us of this feature yet the hard tops have it??

3. Enable 1-touch top-down and top up....again...for the love of....LOL

4. Turn off the stupid horn honk when I exit the car with my key in the pocket. Yeah, I get it, I'm going to my mailbox to get the mail...or take the trash out while my car warms up in the morning....don't need to annoy my neighbors!

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone figure anything out with this? For me, I'd love to do a couple of things (if possible) with the programming:

1. Disable turning off fog lights with turn signals. For the love of God, why is this necessary??

2. Enable auto-up Windows for the convertible. For the love of God, why did Ford rob us of this feature yet the hard tops have it??

3. Enable 1-touch top-down and top up....again...for the love of....LOL

4. Turn off the stupid horn honk when I exit the car with my key in the pocket. Yeah, I get it, I'm going to my mailbox to get the mail...or take the trash out while my car warms up in the morning....don't need to annoy my neighbors!
No progress i have heard about, but if you tap your key on the outside top drivers side corner of the windshield, it wont honk

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
No progress i have heard about, but if you tap your key on the outside top drivers side corner of the windshield, it wont honk
That's an interesting trick, thanks! Though my issue is more forgetting I have the key in my pocket. If I have to take it out to tap it on the windshield I might as well leave it in the car, though could be helpful as a theft deterrent if needed. :thumbsup:

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's an interesting trick, thanks! Though my issue is more forgetting I have the key in my pocket. If I have to take it out to tap it on the windshield I might as well leave it in the car, though could be helpful as a theft deterrent if needed. :thumbsup:
Agreed. I do it because it sets my proximity alarm the wont let people reach in even with the windows down.
Sponsored