Sponsored

So, what's after the first run?

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
So, what happens next? The first 137 are being made and soon to be delivered to their homes. What's after? I'm planning on trying to find a 2016 R package next year but any idea when they will be coming around? What's the plans after this short batch? I know they will be limited but after the whole 137 hype goes away they should be able to be ordered or purchased without too much of a hassle one would think? When I bought my Boss 302 there was one of every color including lagunas sitting on the lot. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So, what happens next? The first 137 are being made and soon to be delivered to their homes. What's after? I'm planning on trying to find a 2016 R package next year but any idea when they will be coming around? What's the plans after this short batch? I know they will be limited but after the whole 137 hype goes away they should be able to be ordered or purchased without too much of a hassle one would think? When I bought my Boss 302 there was one of every color including lagunas sitting on the lot. Any ideas?
The 16s are already being built and a large number of them are spoken for already. Next year by this time will be the 17s.

This car has a lot more hype than the Boss. If the GT was a 1 the Boss was a 3, a slightly tweaked GT. The GT350 is a 9; very different car with a lot more hp and track capability than the GT.

Rs will be even harder to get as the official word from Ford is around 500 per year being built.

megacycle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
This will be no different than any other SE Mustang roll out. The nonsense abounds, early adopters are raped in some cases by the retailers, market saturates as there are no where near as many willing and able buyers as the zealots predict. The inevitable price collapse occurs as expected by anyone with common sense and knowledge of historical pricing trends.

The GT350 could be a bit different should there be a next generation GT500 announced and brought to market which would devastate the demand and market values of these 350s, track monster or not. Horsepower is KING in the Pony Car world and the upcoming GT500 will certainly eclipse the Hellcat and steal the show. The GT350 will be a sideshow at that point.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I'm not sure it will be that hard to get an R in a year or two. We live in America, and a ton of people are going to be asking why this car makes 140hp less than the Shelby it seemingly replaced. Horsepower is all that matters to most Mustang buyers. I think possibly through 2017 will be a little tough to get, but I'd guess that by about MY 2018, they'll be easier to come by.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
I'm sure they'll pop up here and there. I don't even mind getting a used one but I want one next summer, hoping early summer. My boss will be paid off and I'll be seeking one or going for a newer ZR1.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
You'll definitely be able to find a used one by then. You may have to travel a little, but they'll be available.

OP
OP

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
Hopefully so! I have purposely done nothing more than brakes and shifter to my Boss because I have the intent on using it for trade. The dealer I got mine from in Florida has two R package cars and two regular ones coming of the first run. I believe the gentleman who originally owned my car (traded in at 270 miles) is getting one of each with a decent mark up. Knowing his pattern of trading and buying cars in, it should be back shortly after he buys it. I just was curious if anyone knew really what ford's plan was. It's hard to grasp that the 350R will be such a difficult vehicle to get ahold of.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
About a month ago I found a pristine '13 B302 LS in SBY. Back in 2013 the car was very hard to find as they only made 249 in that color. Now there are a few available slightly used on auto trader. The same scenario will be played out on the R model imo.

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
This car has a lot more hype than the Boss. If the GT was a 1 the Boss was a 3, a slightly tweaked GT. The GT350 is a 9; very different car with a lot more hp and track capability than the GT.
There was a lot of hype on the Bosses when I bought my GT. Very similar IMO. Besides Ford made a one hour documentary on the Boss. The GT350?

Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I'm not sure it will be that hard to get an R in a year or two. We live in America, and a ton of people are going to be asking why this car makes 140hp less than the Shelby it seemingly replaced. Horsepower is all that matters to most Mustang buyers. I think possibly through 2017 will be a little tough to get, but I'd guess that by about MY 2018, they'll be easier to come by.
No offense, but I think you might be missing the point. The GT500 was built for straight line runs more than track usage. The GT350 is built to be a beast on the track, not so much in a straight line - 2 different animals, just like they were back in the day.

And, as far as Rs becoming easier to obtain in a year or two...well, there are plenty of other threads that argue this same point...most stating that the potential limited production of the Rs will keep them hard to find indefinitely. We'll see :D

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
No offense, but I think you might be missing the point. The GT500 was built for straight line runs more than track usage. The GT350 is built to be a beast on the track, not so much in a straight line - 2 different animals, just like they were back in the day.

And, as far as Rs becoming easier to obtain in a year or two...well, there are plenty of other threads that argue this same point...most stating that the potential limited production of the Rs will keep them hard to find indefinitely. We'll see :D

I think that the GT350, especially the R, is the best Mustang that's ever been built. I'm not missing the point, I'm just saying that most Mustang buyers will. I'm planning to buy a 350R around the end of the 5 year run that they've planned (2019-2020), mainly because I have to pay off my commuter before I buy one. I may be wrong, but I think that the R will get easier to find.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think that the GT350, especially the R, is the best Mustang that's ever been built. I'm not missing the point, I'm just saying that most Mustang buyers will. I'm planning to buy a 350R around the end of the 5 year run that they've planned (2019-2020), mainly because I have to pay off my commuter before I buy one. I may be wrong, but I think that the R will get easier to find.
5 years? :popcorn:

I hope you're right!

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It's going to be a loooooong wait. They said they planned a five year run, I just don't know if that's five years from the limited 2015 run, or the regular production run in 2016.

megacycle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang

You are quite right about this car being a road course beast as evidenced by its times compared with other world class performers. The point from a sales volume perspective then becomes what percentage or just how many guys out there are willing and able to lay down 60 grand for a Mustang that is a divergence from the general straight line, heavy horsepower monster. There will be takers for sure but likely fewer than some of the guys here who seem caught up in the hype believe.
Sponsored