TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I got these all of four weeks and four days ago......

Billet "caps" for everything, but the oil cap itself was a complete replacement. Guess which one found it's way from my car?

My wife has had the car all week, so I have no idea when it exited the car. The only reason i even noticed was the smoke/oil burning smell from the car tonight while on our way to and from a concert.

Got them all from AM. I'm really weary of what to do here, and I didn't keep my stock cap, so the car is basically undriveable till i walk down the road or take a cab to the dealership so I can buy a new stock cap.

This kinda pisses me off in a major way since I had sworn off buying anything from American Muscle ever again because of a terribly bad multi-episodic bad experience that drove me to use LMR or CJPP. As a goodwill/gesture to get me to be a customer again, AM (Alex) sent me these billet caps for everything. oil, dipstick brake fluid, washer fluid, coolant, along with a good discount on a Mishimoto coolant tank.

Well shit. I hope something can be done about this, but I have a feeling it's karma biting me in the ass.

Everything is positively soaked in oil and it's a LOT OF OIL no telling how many quarts i'm down or if damage was done to the car. I am praying that the engine isn't toast. after i noticed this, i got home quickly as possible with as little revs as possible to toss more oil out. So much oil everywhere, that I'm sure going to buy stock in engine degreaser.

I am trying my best to not be livid. I can't drive it until the oil is cleaned up. I can't clean it up until i get a new cap on it. This means I'm going to have to order a new cap from the dealership, and then think quite hard about getting a replacement billet cap from AM.

So clearly my wife isn't getting to work tomorrow and will have to telecommute. Thankfully I don't work anymore because I have leukemia and chemotherapy kicks my ass.

/sigh
2016-07-26 22.32.47.jpg
2016-07-26 22.32.52.jpg
2016-07-26 22.33.00.jpg
2016-07-26 22.33.22.jpg
2016-07-26 22.33.26.jpg
2016-07-26 22.33.29.jpg
2016-07-26 22.33.36.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So, instead of calling them on the phone so that they can help you and try to solve the issue with manufacturing for the benefit of future customers, you choose to create a thread that only meant to incite hatred towards AM? Seems perfectly logical...

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
actually i'm on the phone with them right now, and have been for over twenty minutes as I type this. I posted the thread as a cautionary "hey this part isn't up to spec". I couldn't call them at 11pm last night.

but read into it however you like, that's your prerogative.

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
a few things:
-No stock cap? Keep every stock part. Even my stock catback and tires are in a barn about an hour from home that I have access to.
-Good luck posting on the forums. Alex is leaving, and I haven't seen anything from his replacement. Perfect timing.
-This is why dress up parts are dumb. The amount of time Ford put into those caps is probably absurd, the design is used across platforms usually, so it's probably WAY over-engineered.
-Seriously, you got rid of the stock cap? It's not like it took up a ton of space, or that you couldn't stash it inside the spare well in the trunk.

Not trying to blame you, and I am sure they have the capability of doing right by you... if you know how to play a customer service rep's role against them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
I am in no way asking for anything at all, just warning others that this could happen.

I'll lick my wounds, buy a new set of coil covers, and order another billet cap and find a thicker o-ring and be on my way.

Just glad other than the oil cleanup, it's just coil covers and the billet cap i'm cleaning up. Better than a new engine.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Just buy a cap cover and call it a day.

OP
OP
TheDivaDanielle

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
This was resolved a month ago with new coil covers and using a different better o-ring and regularly checking the oil level like I'm supposed to anyway.
Sponsored