Sponsored

So my car is “awaiting shipment”. So is it just sitting outside waiting on a truck?

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
So the ford tracker shows “awaiting shipment” so is it just sitting in a parking lot waiting for a truck?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I assume it's rail first, depending where you live. And when it's scheduled to get picked up. So it might take longer than you think... but Ford must have an approximate ETA at your dealer somewhere. Ask them :).

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Hey Nickyweg, our regional distro center is in Pittsburgh, so your car will travel by rail to there then be put on a truck to go to your specific dealer. BTW what dealer did you use? I bought mine thru AutoNation Ford Westlake, the salesmen are decent but the service dept has gone to shit, don't take your car there. I actually take mine down the street to Nick Mayer Lincoln, also in Westlake.

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Hey Nickyweg, our regional distro center is in Pittsburgh, so your car will travel by rail to there then be put on a truck to go to your specific dealer. BTW what dealer did you use? I bought mine thru AutoNation Ford Westlake, the salesmen are decent but the service dept has gone to shit, don't take your car there. I actually take mine down the street to Nick Mayer Lincoln, also in Westlake.
Don’t even get me started on Autonation lol. The worst dealer I have ever dealt with. Complete thieves.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
thats funny. Nick Mayer over in Mayfield is garbage. I’m extremely happy with Classic Ford in Mentor they are pretty good.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
So the ford tracker shows “awaiting shipment” so is it just sitting in a parking lot waiting for a truck?
I think it’s waiting for rail. Once it gets to the local yard I think it’s moved pretty quick, it costs money to have things sit in those places. I ordered two Mustangs in the last two years and both arrived quickly once it had been marked in transit. Helps were right down the street from Detroit!

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
thats funny. Nick Mayer over in Mayfield is garbage. I’m extremely happy with Classic Ford in Mentor they are pretty good.
What’s wrong with Nick Mayer in Mayfield? The last time I bought there it was fine.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
What’s wrong with Nick Mayer in Mayfield? The last time I bought there it was fine.
I used to go when they were Marshall for Lincoln LS service. It went downhill big time after they sold to Nick. I fought with them for two years over a faulty transmission before they replaced it, they treated me like an idiot the whole time. I’d have to take rides with their service advisors who had already decided my car was fine before we even started driving. I don’t think they care about customer problems.

My boss still has her MKC serviced there and it has honestly been a nightmare of issues and fuckups on their end, every fix has come with more issues I wish I was joking. She had a faulty headliner and when they replaced it they left dirty handprints all over the light interior of her car that have never come out. She’s too nice to stick it to them and make them fix it completely. They can’t fix her cooled seats after 4 years. They never even gave her the wristwatch that was supposed to come with her first year model purchase haha. I would never take my car there at this point. They also upsell her on items she doesn’t need because they are scummy.

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
I used to go when they were Marshall for Lincoln LS service. It went downhill big time after they sold to Nick. I fought with them for two years over a faulty transmission before they replaced it, they treated me like an idiot the whole time. I’d have to take rides with their service advisors who had already decided my car was fine before we even started driving. I don’t think they care about customer problems.

My boss still has her MKC serviced there and it has honestly been a nightmare of issues and fuckups on their end, every fix has come with more issues I wish I was joking. She had a faulty headliner and when they replaced it they left dirty handprints all over the light interior of her car that have never come out. She’s too nice to stick it to them and make them fix it completely. They can’t fix her cooled seats after 4 years. They never even gave her the wristwatch that was supposed to come with her first year model purchase haha. I would never take my car there at this point. They also upsell her on items she doesn’t need because they are scummy.
Interesting. Never been there for service. I’ve only ever bought.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I’ll add that before I bought my Mustang I had a BMW from Classic. They were the best dealer experience I’ve ever had. When I went to Ford I expected them to not be nearly as good but Classic Ford has been great. At this point I trust that Classic is the best dealer in the area as far as giving you a fair deal and being decent at service and repair. I went through a buyback with them for my first Mustang and they really did me a bunch of solids during that process.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It might be smooching with mine out round the back of flat rock ... lol

Mines currently marked up as ‘produced’ :like:

WD :like:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I imagine the car is rolling (pacing) back and forth in the parking lot just
waiting for you to jump in and 'blast' out of the dealer lot....................:cwl:

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I imagine the car is rolling (pacing) back and forth in the parking lot just
waiting for you to jump in and 'blast' out of the dealer lot....................:cwl:
Hopefully it doesn't get a nervous tick...

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
.......would that be a 'typewriter tick'.................?
Sponsored