Sponsored

So is anyone else's 2022 Mustang a dumpster fire?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The state of Illinois will not take a complaint against them since they do so much business. I have tried that and they quite literally tell me they won’t file my complaint. I have filed a complaint in Michigan but they don’t do business in Michigan so it’s pretty meaningless.

my last option left is to sue. I am licensed in Illinois and it would cost me nearly nothing to do it but it’s a guarantee the title will be held up for at least another 3-4 months while the lawsuit gets rolling.
If you have the time, make the drive out here and show up to the dealer in person. They usually shape up real quick when you come knocking in person.

Keep it in your back pocket until you really need it, but don’t be afraid to tell them you’re a licensed attorney and what they’re doing isn’t legal (titles have to be sent to the lien holder or owner within a certain time period here in IL I believe, but I’ve never had an issue so I haven’t researched it to be 100% sure on that). Most don’t want to go through the hassle of legal stuff, especially over something like this.

Talk about a piece of shit dealership…
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
If you have the time, make the drive out here and show up to the dealer in person. They usually shape up real quick when you come knocking in person.

Keep it in your back pocket until you really need it, but don’t be afraid to tell them you’re a licensed attorney and what they’re doing isn’t legal (titles have to be sent to the lien holder or owner within a certain time period here in IL I believe, but I’ve never had an issue so I haven’t researched it to be 100% sure on that). Most don’t want to go through the hassle of legal stuff, especially over something like this.

Talk about a piece of shit dealership…
I don’t have the time between working 60 hours a week, getting engaged, and fixing up my house. But I think they are going to get a call today and a letter faxed on my letterhead….

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I didn't say TPMS flagged high pressure but when I add air to left front, I can watch the pressure reading going up on the right front on the screen. Clearly, bad QC and will get it re-programmed at the next servicing.

Overall, my 55 years of experience with Japanese vs American cars has been night and day between them. None of my American experiences (Ford, GM, Chrysler) have been very good with one exception (1979 Olds 98 with a 403V8). The worst POS of all was a 1991 Dodge Caravan as a family hauler. It had more recalls over more years than I can remember.
Yeah, our city used Chrysler minivans for their "van pool" program and we always had at least one in our shop each week. Everything from trans valve body failures to solid state radiator fan relays that either shorted or open circuited; faulty sensors, coil packs, etc. At least the PCM worked ok and never had issues with them; just everything connected to them went bad one way or another.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
my 2021 has been good, which surprises me since it was mid-covid and ford was using all their bullshit covid excuses for everything, but somehow mine only got delayed once! HOWEVER, for work, i ordered two 2022 expeditions and my 2022 F150 at the end of 2021, probably november......and the one 2022 expedition limited has been nothing but a headache for the boss. the front collision assist/camera is a big issue on it that ford can't figure out whats wrong with it. it's been to them numerous times but it always will say front collision assist fault, and throw a warning. camera works fine all the time, but it must be bad sensors, and they've done everything and it keeps coming back. so 2022 must've somehow been worse than 2021

OP
OP

w00dendan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance
my 2021 has been good, which surprises me since it was mid-covid and ford was using all their bullshit covid excuses for everything, but somehow mine only got delayed once! HOWEVER, for work, i ordered two 2022 expeditions and my 2022 F150 at the end of 2021, probably november......and the one 2022 expedition limited has been nothing but a headache for the boss. the front collision assist/camera is a big issue on it that ford can't figure out whats wrong with it. it's been to them numerous times but it always will say front collision assist fault, and throw a warning. camera works fine all the time, but it must be bad sensors, and they've done everything and it keeps coming back. so 2022 must've somehow been worse than 2021
Check the brake light switch I guess, since my car was throwing front collision assist & passenger airbag, & that was supposedly all that was wrong 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored