Sponsored

So changed the front discs and found this!

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
They look fantastic!

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Dang. They are already here! They must be correct. Do the stock ones have a 90 degree bend?

Wouldnt hurt to give them a call to confirm one last time.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

They look identical to what i had. (Which fit the 6 pot brembo's aka oem gt ones)

The block on steeda's is 'new' and trust me, you wouldn't want to replace it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Dang. They are already here! They must be correct. Do the stock ones have a 90 degree bend?

Wouldnt hurt to give them a call to confirm one last time.
Really impressed how quick they got these out to me, they made them yesterday! I actually emailed them and they said they are tried and tested and did no see the need for a 90 degree bend!

They look identical to what i had. (Which fit the 6 pot brembo's aka oem gt ones)

The block on steeda's is 'new' and trust me, you wouldn't want to replace it!
Thank you ! Glad someone else has fitted these before.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Really impressed how quick they got these out to me, they made them yesterday! I actually emailed them and they said they are tried and tested and did no see the need for a 90 degree bend!

Thank you ! Glad someone else has fitted these before.
Easy to fit, what i will highly advise, is attach them to the caliper before you go to the main hardline, leve them connected and blocked on the hardline to rubber line connection whilst you sort it all out, lots of towels etc.

Also, make sure you remember how the OEM ones are "clocked" and make sure the new ones "clock" the same way.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Easy to fit, what i will highly advise, is attach them to the caliper before you go to the main hardline, leve them connected and blocked on the hardline to rubber line connection whilst you sort it all out, lots of towels etc.

Also, make sure you remember how the OEM ones are "clocked" and make sure the new ones "clock" the same way.
Thanks for the advice! I don't know what clocked means but I will pass this information on to the garage!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That they kink / sit in the right positions to move freely without any interference (when the car is sat correctly under its own weight) :like:

WD :like:

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you paint them badly??

only joking

IMG-3328.jpg

IMG-3334.jpg
Are those the Bullitt calipers? I've never seen that parking brake (here in USA).

Last edited:

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Ho, so we swapped the front discs for the lovely DBA 5000 2 piece discs today. Upon fitting we discovered the below! So question is, what do people make of stainless lines and who are good? Was thinking goodridge from JW racing
IMG-20200201-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200201-WA0006.jpeg
What are your thoughts on the performance and quality of the DBA 5000 2 piece discs? They aren't very common here in the states. I just found out about them yesterday and can't find much info. In fact, I can't find the part number for the fronts on a performance package, only the rears.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
What are your thoughts on the performance and quality of the DBA 5000 2 piece discs? They aren't very common here in the states. I just found out about them yesterday and can't find much info. In fact, I can't find the part number for the fronts on a performance package, only the rears.
I had these fitted by a tuning shop, infact by the owner of the business. He checked them for trueness and then said and I quote here 'these are the best discs I've ever seen in my life, far better that the regular performance brands we get over here'.

The quality of the discs is simply stunning, I took a punt on them as we don't have that many options in the UK and it turned out well. Truly really well engineered.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice! I don't know what clocked means but I will pass this information on to the garage!
Clocked as in, say the "nipple" points towards 3 o clock on a clock if the caliper is upright, make sure it sticks in the same directions, stops kinking, gives them enough freedom when suspension contracts etc.
Sponsored