Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Was that matte black or gloss black?
Talk to me about application and functionality and ... could someone just have a tint guy / gal apply this?

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Was that matte black or gloss black?
Talk to me about application and functionality and ... could someone just have a tint guy / gal apply this?
Mine were gloss black it matches the factory deck lid. Functionality is only doing the black outs on the side of the bars doesn’t hinder any of your tail lights output. Sometimes black out kits dim your tail lights. And yes you could have a tint guy install it but I did it myself it was quite easy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
josephstef

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@Elvis67 looking at that since its a similar colour to mine im glad i went smoked, looks real nice on yours with the tint!
I Will post up pics of mine when it arrives!

Hasty Piper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Funny I found this thread yesterday and I had a set of smoked taillights sitting in the garage. I was questioning my purchase. I installed them today and am quite happy with the smoked lenses on white.

DB7ED15C-CECA-4634-963C-BADC6BB1081F.jpeg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I had the black out for a while now the clear ..i may add the fish nets .

Screenshot_20210123-184944_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-184632_Gallery.jpg
IMO. The rear looks much better with the blackout tail lights. There is more flow to the look of the rear. I was gonna do clear on my Oxford white. I think it would look good, because of the white car, but decided against it. I love the blacked out look

4636DAAD-9309-4F63-9003-1C5FAF76EA2E.jpeg

OP
OP
josephstef

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im going to have my OEM euro clears for sale, but i just looked at the shipping cost to get them over to the USA, not even worth it!

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
IMO. The rear looks much better with the blackout tail lights. There is more flow to the look of the rear. I was gonna do clear on my Oxford white. I think it would look good, because of the white car, but decided against it. I love the blacked out look

The black outs were nice ..but the covers got dirt trapped behind them kinda ruined them. When I took themoff to clean the taillights..so not to expensive to get new set. thought I would try the the clear for awhile ..the best thing about the clear lights is the amber turn singles..I don't really care for the running lights during the day..kinda pinkish looking .there good quality so far no issues. The smoke clear looknice as well ,was a hard Decision between the 2 of them.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT

I also bought a set of the smoked tail light covers from Amazon , I think they were about 150 AUD , but I noticed that one of the plastic stick on covers is slightly lighter colour than the other 5. They look perfect with the lights off , but If you turn the lights on , you can see the slightly different shade and it hurts my OCD, so I decided to stay with the clears.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I also bought a set of the smoked tail light covers from Amazon , I think they were about 150 AUD , but I noticed that one of the plastic stick on covers is slightly lighter colour than the other 5. They look perfect with the lights off , but If you turn the lights on , you can see the slightly different shade and it hurts my OCD, so I decided to stay with the clears.
I also have a set of these..have not decided to put them on yet

Screenshot_20210125-052209_Instagram.jpg

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Mine are tinted, so dust/dirt isn’t an issue. 👍
I also have a set of these..have not decided to put them on yet

Screenshot_20210125-052209_Instagram.jpg
Too much of a Fish Net Stocking look for my taste. And the holes in the mesh aren’t aligned with the dark edge of the light. That alone would kill me. :cwl: