Small Gouge on Center Sync Panel

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
You are getting some good advice on this thread, the reality is fixing it might cause more problems. I do some plastic scale model airplane building, and I'm confident products for that hobby could be applied here. The paints are cheap and can be found on amazon.

These are $3-$4 "model air metallic" You can use a very tiny brush to apply, trick is finding the color and flake match. I know it says for airbrush, but you can use them either way, trick is they dry very level with the surface so they are useful when brushing on.
1620066012719.png

Their newer and more expensive product line which I have not use but might have a good color match is "Vallejo Metal Acrylics".

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/...-personal-tests-with-vallejo-metal-air-paint/
Sponsored

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You are getting some good advice on this thread, the reality is fixing it might cause more problems. I do some plastic scale model airplane building, and I'm confident products for that hobby could be applied here. The paints are cheap and can be found on amazon.

These are $3-$4 "model air metallic" You can use a very tiny brush to apply, trick is finding the color and flake match. I know it says for airbrush, but you can use them either way, trick is they dry very level with the surface so they are useful when brushing on.
1620066012719.png

Their newer and more expensive product line which I have not use but might have a good color match is "Vallejo Metal Acrylics".

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/...-personal-tests-with-vallejo-metal-air-paint/
That's interesting, the console is a gray color. So, I'd have to find the match and again will the fix be worse than the defect?

Thanks.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
That's interesting, the console is a gray color. So, I'd have to find the match and again will the fix be worse than the defect?

Thanks.
Try a sharpie marker. If you goober it up, a bit of naphtha and off it comes.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
A proper match done correctly should be near perfect, better than it looks now.

With that said, matching greys is tough, matching metallic is tougher. Take a few pictures of the console again, without flash in the most representative natural light and I can try to give you a few colors to buy to try and match it, that is if you want to try this method as a fix. You can PM me, or post them here I don't mind. I'd do this myself if my Mach 1 was here to help you, but that wont happen till maybe end of July.

Basically we look at a few colors, minimal investment, and try to match it. Worst case, you are out minimal money.

Obviously when you met with your Ford contact, you can try to see if they will provide paint info for you, though I'm not confident they will have much, I hope I'm totally wrong.

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
A proper match done correctly should be near perfect, better than it looks now.

With that said, matching greys is tough, matching metallic is tougher. Take a few pictures of the console again, without flash in the most representative natural light and I can try to give you a few colors to buy to try and match it, that is if you want to try this method as a fix. You can PM me, or post them here I don't mind. I'd do this myself if my Mach 1 was here to help you, but that wont happen till maybe end of July.

Basically we look at a few colors, minimal investment, and try to match it. Worst case, you are out minimal money.

Obviously when you met with your Ford contact, you can try to see if they will provide paint info for you, though I'm not confident they will have much, I hope I'm totally wrong.
This is very kind of you. I’ll take a few pics today and post them here.

Thank you

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Ask your dealer about the person they call to fix vinyl. That person can make that go away in no time. I have had repairs done on much worse things than this.
Lee
Sponsored