Slow Car fast..... Fast Car slow............ Age old Dilemma

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
A lot of the fun for me comes the sound of the exhaust. I love giving it little gas and hearing the little pops coming from the exhaust.
Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
this problem is why considered getting a EB HPP instead of a GT.
but when i need to blow the doors off someone on the highway man its nice to have that power.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
A lot of the fun for me comes the sound of the exhaust. I love giving it little gas and hearing the little pops coming from the exhaust.
That's a big part of it for me, as well. I concede that we live in civilization where we have a shared responsibility to drive safely, and there are few situations where we can drive the way we'd like to without going to a track.

So, I just try to enjoy having a car that can be fun to drive even if I don't often get the chance to take advantage of it. And for me, just gunning it a little to get up to legal speed limits really quickly, but still safely, is enough.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm 59, track days were in my 30's and 40's........ I'll wreck or break the car or me... lol.
This is an interesting comment (to me).

I used to coach performance driving and still see many different age brackets in the groups that I drive in/with. I think your experience will lend itself well to learning the car quickly, really enjoying the vehicle and most importantly look at the experience from a "judgment neutral" standpoint. Therefore truly maximizing your time on-track.

Lastly, it really does cure the itch. I just laugh at people that try to street race me.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
[snip]
ā€¦it really does cure the itch. I just laugh at people that try to street race me.
This is a bonafide fact for me. Lets me get my jollies in a safe environment and immunize myself against stupidity on the street.

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
This is a bonafide fact for me. Letā€™s me get my jollies in a safe environment and immunize myself against stupidity on the street.
Word. There is so much tragedy involving speed & stupidity.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I've got the Bullitt suspension pretty dialed in, but there is a 'heaviness' to the suspension and steering. Perhaps if I could lighten the 'feel' a bit and sharpen the feeling I may be more satisfied.

- Lighter wheels/less grippy tires?
- Recalibrate or reprogram rack?
Unless youā€™re tracking it no. You can spend thousands on lighter wheels but youā€™re not going to notice it on the street. Face it you have a big heavy car with a huge engine up front. In your case, you have what you have.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
This right here.

Iā€™d rather do without A/C than my Active Exhaust.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a big part of it for me, as well. I concede that we live in civilization where we have a shared responsibility to drive safely, and there are few situations where we can drive the way we'd like to without going to a track.

So, I just try to enjoy having a car that can be fun to drive even if I don't often get the chance to take advantage of it. And for me, just gunning it a little to get up to legal speed limits really quickly, but still safely, is enough.
Weā€™re kindred spirits in this respect for sure.

Sponsored

doritoking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach 1 with handling package
That's why I got a 2022 Mazda Miata Club with brembo/bbs/recaro package to help contrast with my 2021 mach 1 HP. You'll find that there are several others on this forum with the mustang and miata combo. If you can responsibly afford it, nothing beats have both fast car slow and slow car fast for whatever suits the mood that day.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t mean to contradict what I said a couple posts back, but another solution is to occasionally drive a fast car fast, just under the most judiciously chosen circumstances and durations. I have several places with stretches of lonely but well-paved two lane highway where itā€™s possible to pull into early three digits and still leave plenty of room ahead to shut down if oncoming traffic is detected. Only life and limb at risk is my own.

It often comes down to common sense and good judgement.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Great thread and responses and yeh it sounds like we all have the same problemsā€¦..the need for speedšŸ˜

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I love driving my slow cars , well I would not call it driving them fast, more like driving them hard. As that point they "feel" fast , but are still slow. much more body lean in corners, more lift when matting the gas, and more brake dive. and tons slower than the mustang, but because of the lack of refinement it seems faster than it is= fun without jail. but I rather be driving the stang when I know my trip will include a few roads that I know I can get on it hard.
Sponsored