Slow Car fast..... Fast Car slow............ Age old Dilemma

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have owned several BMWs and Porsches. They are generally more fun to drive than a Mustang, largely because they make you feel more connected to the car. But, if you want the ultimate fun vehicle that's a blast to drive fast or slow, try a Morgan 3 wheeler or Vanderhall Venice.
Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
1667717391569.png

Get another car, one that loves to rev to legal speeds. Takes corners better: as others have said.

BRZ, an S2K, a Miata. Although I can't fit into any of them comfortably, they are all a lot of fun to push without worry of getting pulled over for excessive speed.

Personally I enjoy driving my fast car slow. Just cruising in the right lane knowing what's on tap. Then dropping to 2nd when a slow car thinks he/she is fast and leave them in the dust. Or running the risk and just be stupid messing around with similar cars and going to 140+ No SCAT pack has ever been able to pull ahead. Neither many others. No question the risk of getting caught it real though.

If you want to skip all that, get a better/louder exhaust so you can enjoy the lower RPMs more. It will make what you have more enjoyable no matter the speed you're going.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I get your frustration. I had a 09 Z06 making 551rwhp and was just a pinch over 3000lbs full of fuel. Top of 2nd gear was 85mph with 3rd being 120mph. Just driving it around town or the occasional sunny day slow was boring.

My current GT with the A10 is far more fun because you can rev it through multiple gears without speeding too egregiously.
Agreed. For me, one reason I bought a Mustang vs some of the other cars I considered was because it was fun at somewhat sane speeds.

agrump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustange GT Premium PP
I love my Bullitt, but am getting tired of driving it slow......... So much better at go to jail speeds.......... Really thinking of getting into an early 90's 911S and enjoying fast and slow...............
I know what you mean. I just took off my supercharger because it was useless for any sane street driving. I miss having a quick car vs a fast car. My old wrx was fun to drive because it was quick off the line to around 50 mph, plenty of power for that kind of speed. My mustang thinks 50 mph is just getting started and wants me to go to prison.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I ditto the gr86/brz suggestion, although I've never driven one.

90s 911 are stupid expensive now.

I'm a smidgen older than the OP but I'm looking to buy a 2018-ish M3 for track duty myself. Even though I swore off track driving last year. I just can't quit you!

Sponsored

Deleted member 13861

A late model WRX will fill that role 100%. Nimble, handles like it's on rails and lots of fun.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Hmm interesting comments here😁. This is supposedly a Mustang Forum which we all love and defend our Mustangs but yet we are advising the poster to buy something else🤪🤪🤪

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I think one of the main issues you're experiencing is the tall gearing of the 18+ PP/bullitt mustangs. I'd look into a shorter rear end swap, I see a few ppl here running 4.09s but don't know much about how impacts daily driving. Rowing through the gears and being able to get closer to redline without going too fast is what makes a car fun for me. Shorter gear ratios would really improve the experience imo.

If you're seeking something lighter and more connected that's a different story however.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Street driving is boring and will always be boring.
My friend used to have a Honda S2000. Nothing down low but boy did it scream at high RPM’s (much like our Coyotes). But it was still a blast to drive on the street. Our Mustangs, by comparison, are tombs. Put it in quiet mode and you could be driving a limo. But put it in track mode and you have a monster. I’ll keep my Mustang but certainly understand the want of something a little more raw.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Hmm interesting comments here😁. This is supposedly a Mustang Forum which we all love and defend our Mustangs but yet we are advising the poster to buy something else🤪🤪🤪
One of the magazines had an article about this (years ago), the idea was to drive something that did not handle well to get the real feel of cornering. If it was slow enough no one would even guess we were pushing it to the limit yet we were having great fun. A Mustang with narrow, hard tires, soft springs, 2500 rpm rev limit... ;)

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I bought a 21 wrx while it's fun to drive it is slow and tbh my mustang can out corner it. I did buy a lot of steeda parts for the mustang and the wrx is completely stock so that's the reason the mustang handles so well and the wrx is so normal.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Street driving is boring and will always be boring. Get involved in a Motorsport and drive fast car fast. HPDE, Autocross, drag racing, whatever.

I used to track and motorcross my Saab 900's and M3 in the 80's through early 2000's. I did have an absolute blast on the Dragons Tail and Cherahola last year, maybe I need to seek out better roads regularly.......

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I've got the Bullitt suspension pretty dialed in, but there is a 'heaviness' to the suspension and steering. Perhaps if I could lighten the 'feel' a bit and sharpen the feeling I may be more satisfied.

- Lighter wheels/less grippy tires?
- Recalibrate or reprogram rack?
Sponsored