Sponsored

Sirius

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've noticed this problem lately when changing stations in Sirius and was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Lots of times with I switch from station to station in Sirius on the screen the station icon will get stuck on the previous station and stay like that for awhile and then eventually after a couple songs on whatever new station I'm on it will eventually update with the correct icon and song/artist info. Anyone else have that happen? I wonder what the issue is? This is a premium with the touch screen.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Is this SYNC3? I notice weird problems in my 2017 with SYNC3 similar to this. Plus it will cut out on underpasses. I did not have any of these issues with my 2015 using SYNC2 or whatever was in that car.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's a satellite system. If the signal is encroached upon, there will be issues. I'm sure the system is programmed, when signal strength is low, to get your music changed/playing, and worry about what gets displayed secondarily.

The system gets the music going, and then gets the data for the display through when it can. Smart, actually.

Going by a microwave tower probably jams the satellite signal.

Everyone is used to FM signal, and that works brilliantly under any conditions. Satellite, not so much. Ask anyone with a sat phone.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I get the same issue when passing an airport.
My commute crosses right past a runway at JFK airport, and my satellite signal goes screwy when passing through the landing radar systems.
Sponsored