Sirius Satellite Radio install post delivery

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
What the so called "add on" to make your Base Radio Sirius Satellite compatible is a total replacement of the factory radio with an identical one that has the Sirius Module built into the unit. Once the entire unit is replaced, the wiring to the Satellite Antenna is affixed to the rear of roof line or unto the trunk deck lid on Convertibles. For a $650 aftermarket Dealer Installed retrofit, I`ll pass. It wasn`t a deal breaker for me to special order a Base 15` Mustang Convertible (but) if Ford doesn`t get their Audio Options in line with other manufacturers, my next Vehiclepurchase may not be a Ford product,simple!:ford:
Okay I see...still a sore spot for me too since the dealer told me it would be easy to add Sirius...after all the sticker says "AM/FM CD/MP3/SAT CAPABL w/AUD INPUT".

The car is SAT CAPABL as long as you replace the head unit!

If that's the case there is a 1962 Volkswagon sitting across the street that is also SAT CAPABL or for that matter any car I see on the road.
Sponsored

dullishpage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So back to putting another models radio unit in the mustang, perhaps it is possible, reading the thread of adding the MFT to a base model, which has Sirius and NaV.

There is apparently a wire harness repair kit, because the sync pins are different or something of the fact.

Check this out http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31286&highlight=zackmd1

Perhaps Zackmd1 and jmr061 can help, jmr061 can reprogram, so maybe he can do the reprograms for us.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
So back to putting another models radio unit in the mustang, perhaps it is possible, reading the thread of adding the MFT to a base model, which has Sirius and NaV.

There is apparently a wire harness repair kit, because the sync pins are different or something of the fact.

Check this out http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31286&highlight=zackmd1

Perhaps Zackmd1 and jmr061 can help, jmr061 can reprogram, so maybe he can do the reprograms for us.
Have to admit, you Guys are persistent. I`m disappointed I couldn`t get the Sirius Satellite Radio on my `15 Base V6 Mustang Convertible. It (should) have been standard equipment or at the very least a stand alone Option like adding the Spare Tire and Jack Kit! That not being the case, I`m over it. I`m not going to spend almost $700 to have a entirely new Radio Head installed and have the Satellite Antenna (tumor) attached to the Trunk Deck.

dougpaw57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
Has anyone actually gotten the part numbers for the new control head and antenna? My Monroney label incorrectly stated that SiriusXM was installed on my base model GT, and Ford is going to make good on the install. The problem is, the folks at Ford who are going to pay for the work, don't know who at Ford to ask the technical questions. Cool, huh?

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Yeah my window sticker says the same thing. What Ford Customer Service told me is that Sirius doesn't even make the module for the base radios. I have a ticket with them and they have been looking into it for a while.

Sponsored

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
Has anyone actually gotten the part numbers for the new control head and antenna? My Monroney label incorrectly stated that SiriusXM was installed on my base model GT, and Ford is going to make good on the install. The problem is, the folks at Ford who are going to pay for the work, don't know who at Ford to ask the technical questions. Cool, huh?
They need to contact United Radio...I believe they hold the contract for official Ford additions of Satellite Radio.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yeah my window sticker says the same thing. What Ford Customer Service told me is that Sirius doesn't even make the module for the base radios. I have a ticket with them and they have been looking into it for a while.
I’m working on checking into this for you, guys. My contacts are out of the office until next week, so in the meantime, will you please PM me with your full names and VINs.

Deysha

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I don't get why the base stereos don't offer this. It's not a huge upgrade, really not an upgrade at all. There is money to be made to have it available on all models. Some of us will never buy the premuim package.

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
You can add factory Sirius to the base cars, but here is the kicker. Its 550.00 to the dealer, so your going to pay more than that, plus installation. Installation consists of replacing the whole unit behind the dash with a new one programmed with your vin, and the antenna kit. Kits are supplied to the dealer parts dept by United Radio. If you can get Ford to eat the cost ,or part of it, I will provide my vin. I have a business account with United Radio, and a contact there. United Radio does not sell to the public, its dealers and automotive business's only.

dougpaw57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
You can add factory Sirius to the base cars, but here is the kicker. Its 550.00 to the dealer, so your going to pay more than that, plus installation. Installation consists of replacing the whole unit behind the dash with a new one programmed with your vin, and the antenna kit. Kits are supplied to the dealer parts dept by United Radio. If you can get Ford to eat the cost ,or part of it, I will provide my vin.
I don't care what it costs, I'm not paying for it, Ford is. I just need the part numbers so that I can have the dealer get with Ford to cut the check.

Sponsored

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
I don't care what it costs, I'm not paying for it, Ford is. I just need the part numbers so that I can have the dealer get with Ford to cut the check.
If your dealer has an account with United Radio, pm me and ill give you the number for them to call and order the parts. Ford actually does not make the radios, Clarion does and United Radio programs them. There wont be a Ford part number because technically it does not exist or come in your vehicle from the factory. Its the dealer that will end up eating it, not Ford. Your dealer can not add the software required to the head unit, and if the parts dept orders the head unit for your vin, you will get the same non-Sirius unit. Only United Radio can provide what you need, who pays for it is up to the dealer.

Last edited:

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
My car said SiriusXM capable on the Window Sticker which is one of the reasons I ended up buying the car. Turns out I have to pay $700.00 through the dealer to get it done. I feel like I was lied too it's by far the most disappointing aspect of this car. This is my first car from Ford and this will def make me consider something else next time I buy a car.